Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SORTED: Transport Friday daytime or 1 night foster or half day foster Fri

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SORTED: Transport Friday daytime or 1 night foster or half day foster Fri

Maisie is in foster around Maynooth and needs to get to ASH Animal Rescue in Wicklow (near Blessington) on Friday by around 5ish. The foster home works during the day so she either needs to be collected by someone nearby Friday morning and held til around early afternoon at which point I can collect her and drive her up to ASH. Or she needs someone who could foster her Thursday night and who would be around Friday so I could meet to collect her to take to ASH. Or if someone wants to hold her and then drive her to ASH that's a possibility too but most likely I will take her as ASH is hard to find if you haven't been before!!

Is there anyone out around that area who could do any of these things? Princess Buttercup currently has her. I just learned that she indeed will be able to go to her new home on transport Friday so only this final detail needs to be sorted.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I could take her Thursday night. Working on Friday until 4.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Brid -- I'd probably need to be able to get her earlier than that though, as it may not be enough time for me to get her to ASH and get back -- I have to be at an event that evening in the city centre. If traffic is heavy for any reason it would cut things pretty fine to make it to Wicklow.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

I can take her on Thursday. I'm not working on Friday so could meet you somewhere.
    Casshon

Molly (Blenheim) & Bella (Tri)
    Honey, Cassie & Tiki (Cavalier Angels)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm off Friday morning, so I could take her on Thursday night and drive her to ASH on Friday around lunch time, as I work in the Beacon, so can drop her on my way in..let me know if you want me to do this
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    I can collect her thursday evening, i live in blessington and can get her to Ash early friday morning
    Let me know if you need me
    Clare x
    Clare
    owned by Cava a Tri Color, age 1 & Spud a Blenheim, age 8 months

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Let me consider logistics -- thanks for the kind offers! You can see from her thread that she has been a great little girl in foster, housetrained and sleeps through the night. She needs to go up close to 5-ish as they don't have anywhere to keep dogs before transport. I was going to take her earlier to go up and help out a bit at ASH -- they always need dog walkers badly. What might work is for someone to take her Thursday night then I can meet midday -- Lucille that might work with you as I can get her off you at the Beacon and then continue on with her to ASH and put some time in with them. They would find it difficult to take her early in the morning though thank you for the very kind offers to take her all the way there.

Let me have a think as either I will do the run at 4ish from Brid myself, or else get her from Lucille midday as that is less driving for others who live a further distance away and need to be at work on Friday morning.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Karlin, I finish work 5.30 in Parkwest and can collect her anywhere & keep her thursday night. Im free Fri morning until about 10.30 to drop her to Ash (from blessinton)

anyhoo let me know if you need me
    Clare
    owned by Cava a Tri Color, age 1 & Spud a Blenheim, age 8 months

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks! I have talked to my partner who was going to go up to ASH with me and help walk dogs but he can't do it that afternoon so have decided it makes more sense for me to leave her with Brid and get her around 4 on Friday and take to ASH myself -- Brid I will give you a call later today and also make sure you and her current foster can coordinate . I will have time to get back to the city for my later commitment and I will head up to ASH to walk dogs maybe next week.

For anyone interested, ASH always badly needs a bit of help -- they can have 40 dogs or so and they really appreciate anyone who can go up and give them a little walk along their back road (in wet weather you need wellies!). It is really beautiful up there. They are a great rescue and do an awful lot for the dogs around Dublin and Wicklow and have helped me out several times. Plus they are bassett rescue so you can hear all the bassetts howl if you are lucky!

Maybe a few of us could go up sometime so some others know the route and then people might want to help out now and then -- it is fun to go up and see all the cats and dogs, pigs and a pet fox or two. Best to leave your own dogs at home when going, as they don;t really have anywhere to stay while you are walking dogs of all sizes...
    Karlin

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

You ladies are wonderful. Thanks every one of you for helping out, it gives me a lump in my throat, you really are so kind.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'