• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leo's lost weight

meljoy

We've been trying to "Help" Leo lose weight for a while now. We weighed him yesterday and He's lost another 2 1b!

So that 3 1b in all:pi*no:

Im really chuffed as it's taken ages but at least it's in the right direction.

Well done, that is more than a bag of sugar :-D How much more has he got to lose?

Hi Tania,

I'd like at least another kg. He is quite a broad shouldered tall dog and so I guess about 10kg would be about right for him........my vet agrees.
He doesnt look overweight because he's big (he has a waist when you look down on him :roll:) but Im watching his weight so closely.

Mel

3lbs is impressive.

Well done to you and Leo ( although poor boy, he will not have had much option )

Probably what I need. Someone measuring out my meals for me & no treats!

That's a really great achievement -- over kilo! :) They should (like people!) lose slowly and gradually to lose healthily so it sounds like you are taking the right approach.

Well done to both of youcl*p
I know how hard it is because I had that problem with Cinders a few years ago. She went from 10 kilo to 8.5 kilos and she was so much better for it. She has maintained that weight for over 6 years thanks to Burns High Oats. :)

Oh Thanks everyone......it's like when Im on a diet myself when you start to see results it spurs you oncl*p

If only I could lose some as well....maybe tomorrow:lol:

Well done to both of youcl*p
I know how hard it is because I had that problem with Cinders a few years ago. She went from 10 kilo to 8.5 kilos and she was so much better for it. She has maintained that weight for over 6 years thanks to Burns High Oats. :)

Ruby has lost all her weight on High oats too!! From 11.8kg at her heaviest to a slim and trim 9kg
And god knows I can tell how much better she feels.

Cut out all the treats and replaced half of her biscuit mix with raw veggies and fruit while the weight was coming off and now she has 2/3 biscuit with as many veggies as she wants.
On our training nights she has no 2nd meal and I make a liver cake with a small quantity of the biscuits and veggies so that she isnt missing any nutrition!!!

Well Done with Leo!!!b*n*n*

Back