Thread: Poppy is an Eye Licker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Poppy is an Eye Licker

Hi

I think we have had this one before but I cant remember .In our house Poppy is the big eye licker is she knowing doing this to help clean Rosies and Lily's eyes or is there some thing in it for her .Daisy wont allow her to do it and Lily's eye are fine but Rosie often has a small watery type discharge ,I do clean them all daily just with warm water and cotton wool or the PAH eye wipes which are good, and I often stop Poppy from doing it even though Rosie and Lily don't object or should I just leave them to it .Elsewhere I have read that a small amount of cream cheese helps with eye discharge or is that no.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think they like the taste. Lily does this to Leo and Lucy.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

For all it's worth. Blondie had chronic discharge (watery) coming out of her eyes that then turned yellow and smelled a bit after a while (coz her eyes were never dry)
    I started giving her NUPRO supplement and her eyes have been completely clear since.
    Not sure why that is. Could be the probiotics in it, or the esther c, or another mineral.
    Grtz
    Lynn
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Max used to always try and lick the optimune out of Mindy's eyes. Needless to say I discouraged it. Now he cleans Rylie's eyes - and IMO there isn't anything to clean. I am just getting over a cold and he felt it was important that he clean my eyes too (and they weren't icky). Occasionally Rylie will return the favour and clean Max's eyes but it's Max cleaning his more often than not.
    Mindy Tri - Feb/97
    Max - Ruby - Sep/08
    Rylie - B&T - June/09