• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Phoebe at agility

Wow that's a long course! She really goes fast. :lol: What happened at the tunnel?She got very interested in something in there.:) Looks like it was a great day -- good performance.

Don't know what happened Karlin at tunnel. Sometimes she won't do what she's supposed to do. She wasn't eliminated in the last round. Just two faults!! And just before hand we did 5 minutes of her sit stay etc. and it seemed to help a lot. Hope to go to Leitrim in 3 weeks. Only half an hour from home in Roscommon.

I know, sometimes you can do all sorts of perfect practice runs and then when you're actually doing the competitive run something just distracts them! She looks really great going round and round and is enjoying herself so much–I love seeing dogs really having fun at agility (not to mention the owners!).

Wonderful job for both of youcl*p I really admire your aptitude for getting Phoebe into agility! Good luck on your next try!

HeatherR

Well done to you both! I think I'd be the one eliminated for forgetting which way to go around the course :roll: I don't have a good sense of direction at the best of times.

Don't know what happened Karlin at tunnel. Sometimes she won't do what she's supposed to do.

That was a great video - Phoebe really looked like she was enjoying herself. cl*pcl*p

I've done a few agility comps with Maddie and Pippin, and I have different problems with them - they both can go off on major sniffs, which can involve us getting eliminated for wrong course (going under jumps to follow the scent - Pippin) or 3 refusals (shooting past both tunnels and the weaves after a scent - Maddie)

The dogs really enjoy it, but they are so very different. Maddie is the better dog in training, but she is not that confident away from home, this is improving with each competition. Pippin is a really laid back guy who can plod around in training, but in competition his adrenaline is pumping and he sets off so fast with a loud "woof" and we often go wrong because I haven't been able to practice running with him this excited.

Still, it's good fun and good exercise for all of us. The dogs tails are like your Phoebes, never stop wagging.

Good luck with your next competition

Frances

Well done!!! you did really well ;) i was petrified at my first agility show, but you looked like you held it together and Phoebe looks like she LOVES agility!!! :grin:

Back