Thread: Bing Says 14 yrs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Bing Says 14 yrs

Hi

The popular search engine Bing says our Cavaliers live to 14 yrs . Unfortunately that could be wrong but at least they have recognized that SM is ranked as the second biggest health risk factor after MVD.

http://www.bing.com/visualsearch?g=d...NHPM#toc=5&r=4

And they not ranked anywhere in the other groups popularity ,hypoallergenic ,obedience ,intelligence ,ancient breeds but are in Presidential Pets with Rex and President Ronald Reagan.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd sure love to have my guys with me for at least 14 years!!
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Is the shorter life-span usually due to the chronic heart problems in the breed?

Both of mine are heart clear so far, (cardiologist checked annually.) Dottie is from a long line of heart clear dogs, but Claire is a Lucky Star Cavalier rescue that was taken out of a nasty mid-west puppy mill two years ago. She was listed as "possibly about" 7 years old when they got her out. She had the usual issues, rotten teeth that had to be removed, 4 different types of internal parasites, untreated kennel cough,matted fur,etc, but the wonder of it all is that she is heart clear so far, with no signs of any deficiencies there. I often wonder if she might have been one of the dogs that was purchased from a good breeder and never spayed as promised, and later sold to a farm breeder. I suppose no one will ever know, but I am going to hope that Bing is right on here and we will have many more happy "heart clear" years with our precious dogs.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear