• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

There's a hole in our hearts today....

Reading through other wonderful tributes on this forum just tears one’s heart out and is testimony to the love we have for our ‘kids’.

I’m seeing that we all handle the grief differently but in the end it has the same impact on our hearts & souls.

In our case at the moment we seem to somewhat still be in denial. We seem to want to shy away from anything that validates Snicker's passing, at least for now.

On Friday last week Doggymom and I were just coming to grips with things, or so we thought, when she listened to her VM messages left on her cell phone and heard the vet-tech say that Snicker’s Urn was ready to be picked up.

I just thought it was hard talking about these decisions “before it was time” but it doesn’t compare to now……

Neither one of us can bear to go get him yet. We want him back but not like this……

I look for him in his little bed out by the TV in the living room when I make coffee in the morning but he’s not there…..

We gave all the kids the last few spoons of our ice cream last night as we always do once a weeks or so, lately however we always had to bend down to give Snickers his ice cream treat because he couldn’t jump up anymore with the others….but now he’s not there……so it made me wonder…is there ice cream where they go?.....

All the kids get to run & play in our fenced-in yard at least a couple times a day for their exercise…we make it a practice to always do a head count when they come back in……and we’re so used to counting to eight…but now it’s only seven…..cause he’s not there….

I have to stop now….

Snickers – Our little boy...we love you so much…..

Snickers4.jpg

Doggymom & Doggydad.

Last edited:
Doggydad,

I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Snickers.I have tears in my eyes as I type this.He was much loved and always remembered.

I hope these words offer a little comfort to you and your family :hug:

R
x

Hi Doggydad-
What a lovely picture of Snickers, he's beautiful!

I always try to imagine what heaven is like and have had these discussions with various people, including my little girl... we both absolutely agree that there IS ice cream in heaven, why wouldn't there be? I'd say Snickers is back to his young self licking a big ol' ice cream right now. Yum.
The grief will take time to subside, but just go with it, that's all you can do! We're here for you.

Back