• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How does your Cavvie greet you when you come home??

Karen and Ruby

Hi all

Thought this would be a funny thread to start. My Ruby has always given me over enthusiastic greetings when I come home. She jumps on to my lap and plants her (normally drooling chin) on my nose and stays there. but recently Charlie has started to join in with this so now I get Ruby first with the face plant and then Charlie jumps on the top of the pile and chin plants himself not on to me but on top of Ruby's head!!

Its very funny:-D

And there we stay for a good few minutes! A bundle of maximum proportions

Holly greets my four year old (human) first. My youngest daughter is her favorite here, hands down. After the four year old, Holly greets my eight year old daughter, then me. If it's just me, she briefly says hello then runs behind me looking for her "real" pals!

Vivian nearly launches herself at me, I have to pick her up. Then smothers my face and procedes to remove my makup. Chelsea wants a snugle and quick kiss, then moves on. They would jump in the car if had a chance.

Darcy usually runs down the hallway, ears flying, very excited, tail wagging and launches at me for a pet. The stairs is in the hallway so she runs to the 3rd step (always the 3rd!) and sits in the corner, her whole body excited and she waits there until I put down the coat, keys etc and then she gets her pets and I get my lickys! It's a very cute routine and is the same for both my hubby and me and I get it every lunch and evening, even though I have only left her for a few hours! If my hubby encourages her, she will usually do a little "song" for him, mostly howls and barks!! It's very funny and endearing :-D

Murphy runs around throwing his front paws at me, then I will bend down and he will jump up and smother me with licks!! Then he will want to play, he gets ever so excited.

Bobby makes lots of noise while Belle is very quiet. Bobby "RARS" at us and does a dance while Belle wags her tail until her bum nearly propels it off her body. If we crouch down to the floor, it's licks and sniffs and snuffles all around. Nothing like it in the world! I love it.:lotsaluv:

Darcy usually runs down the hallway, ears flying, very excited, tail wagging and launches at me for a pet. The stairs is in the hallway so she runs to the 3rd step (always the 3rd!) and sits in the corner, her whole body excited and she waits there until I put down the coat, keys etc and then she gets her pets and I get my lickys! It's a very cute routine and is the same for both my hubby and me and I get it every lunch and evening, even though I have only left her for a few hours! If my hubby encourages her, she will usually do a little "song" for him, mostly howls and barks!! It's very funny and endearing :-D

That's so funny! Belle is the quiet one here, but when she knows she's going in the car for a ride, she starts singing her "Operetta" I call it, and it's a series of howls and barks, which really do sound opera-like. Gotta love our doggies...

Our two jump on us!! Charlie looks around the room for something to give you, when my hubby comes in he grabs my shoe off the floor and brings it over to him.

Charlie came home from the groomers the other day and Kate (baba) was on the ground and he galloped in licked her on the face then ran off ha ha!!

How does he greet me?

With Hysteria and lovecl*p

Also we say he could power a wind turbine with all the energy he gives off wagging his tail:biggrin:

My two sit waiting on the window for me to drive up, once they see me they fly off the window and start barking like crazy. Once the door is open they both throw their selves at me. Murphy jumps up and snuggles madly, doing a body wag, and Misty jumps up nibbling at my ears and licking me like crazy :D

Ah Its so sweet reading them all!!!

One thing I think most Cavvies have in common is the bum wiggle. I actually think Ruby may take off one day- its very funny.

Charlie just joins in the hysteria becasue Ruby is but really I dont think he understands fully what he is getting so excited about!!

Fudge does something like a little happy dance legs going everywhere the same one she does when she sees her food bowl...then runs full pelt into me up on her hind legs..turns and sprints to the opposite end of the hallway and lets out a howl of approval before bounding back to me again ,all the more comical as it sometimes takes her a sec to get some traction on the wooden floor :-D

Wow, I thought Mika was just a crazy little overboard girl, but it sounds like she 's just like everyone else. She launches herself at me, licking my face as fast as she can get her little tongue going, wagging her tail and butt, sometimes with sound effects.

I've actually been working on getting her to sit and get permission before she launches herself at me because she seems so out of control. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it.

L.

I'm thrilled because today Tilly, my new rescue I have had for 12 days now, actually ran to the door to greet me when i came back from shopping and scampered about excitedly- then she remembered, "oh it's a human- I'm scared of them, aren't I?????" and sat in her bed-but wagging her tail. :p It felt like she'd given me the biggest treat ever.

My dogs know that they need to sit when I come in the door if they want my attention. Once I release them they are allowed to launch at me.

Flash greets me the same if I'm gone a couple minutes or a couple of hours.... He "sings" while jumping all around my legs waiting to be picked up. Once I pick him up I get a TON of kisses! When I put him down he runs circles around me with his butt wiggling like crazy!

When I come in the house I have to get down on my knees, Kaley jumps up puts her paws on my shoulders and covers me in kisses. (Or gives me a "facial" as Elise and her friends call it!!) It's just the best welcome ever. :luv:
Sonny ,by contrast, used to get so excited his wee backside would wiggle like crazy, we used to joke he was a doggie tornado. One thing seems sure from this thread there's no welcome like a Cavalier welcome!:grin:

Aren't our cavvies lovely... bless them all...

Poppy greets me the most out of all of us... but she wags like crazy and then jumps on the sofa waiting for her cuddle... :rolleyes:

They both stand on the arm of the couch wagging their tails. I try to use a hand for each of them but Dylan always wants the hand that's petting Bailey and constantly shoves her out the way :rolleyes:

mine yelps really loud! An exciting yelp, not a pain one...
It's almost like an emotional crying, really interesting.
Sh then jumps up and wants to be anywhere near your face. :)
My ex-boyfriend found out how to make her do the crying thing ; he would kiss her underneath the chin and then make noises himself, and so would she... Overtime, it became a habbit. :fool::fool::fool::fool::fool::fool::fool::fool:

Back