• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy Farm Awareness Day

MurphysMummy

So the 19th of September is Puppy Farm Awareness Day, and my friend and I have decided to put together a stall outside our local Pets at Home store to raise awareness and hand out leaflets AND I shall be fundraising for Ruperts Fund!! Whether we will raise much or not (our town is not huge) it still counts and I am actually really looking forward to doing this!
I am taking Murphy too, as he was an ex puppy farm stud dog, and a great example of what kind of dogs (health wise) they use to breed from.
I will also be organising a petition or joining onto an existing one to collect lots of signatures, I have alot of stuff to do and organise - but its totally worth getting people aware of what goes on behind closed doors, or should I say behind closed sheds full of poorly dogs :(
This is the first time of doing something like this, so I'm quite excited!!

When I sit down and think about it all - I look at Murphy and just hug him! If it wasn't for Murphy I would not be organising this, ever since I adopted Murphy my life has really changed and he has really become my inspiration for my future and he also made me realise what I wanted to do as a career aswell, I truly love Cavaliers!!:flwr:

cl*p
this is a brilliant idea and i wish you the best of luck with it!
I have recently found out the place i bought my 2 is a puppy farm, and am very upset about it. I hope the day goes well and you raise a lot of awareness.:xfngr:

Well done

Well done. I'm sure you'll do very well, and anything that helps raise public awareness of the horrors of puppy farming is great. I have had Tilly, for almost 3 weeks now. She came to me totally traumatised,and scared as she is an ex breeding girl from a puppy farm here in ireland, where the situation is very bad- many people are unaware that their beloved puppies have come from such desperate places. So good on you. Maybe we should have such a day here, or is there already one does anyone know?
She has made extraordinary progress already, by the way-starting to show the lovely affectionate and loving nature of this lovely breed

Thanks, Murphy's Mum, for drawing attention to Puppy Farm Awareness Day. There's going to be a big Companion Dog Show in Brighton to publicise it. Like last year, I'm making leaflets for my local pet shop to give out on the Saturday, and though I have to be out in the morning, will probably take Aled along in the afternoon. People are horrified when they discover that buying dogs through pet shops, the local paper and the internet often means supporting puppy farms - they just don't make the connection unless we tell them. So all you UK Cavalier Talkers out there, why not ask your local pet shop to hand out information, or ask if you can take your ex-puppy farm Cavalier along and hand out leaflets yourself. You're welcome to use my leaflet if you want - I could either email it to you, or print some out and post them to you. If anyone's interested, I'll copy it on to here so that you can see what you're getting! (You're welcome to make any changes for your local area)

Kate, Oliver and Aled (who features on my leaflet with the sad look he still gets occasionally!)

Good for you Murphysmummy! I hope it goes really well for you, good luck. I bet Murphy will make lots of new friends on the day too.
:l*v:

Thanks, Murphy's Mum, for drawing attention to Puppy Farm Awareness Day. There's going to be a big Companion Dog Show in Brighton to publicise it. Like last year, I'm making leaflets for my local pet shop to give out on the Saturday, and though I have to be out in the morning, will probably take Aled along in the afternoon. People are horrified when they discover that buying dogs through pet shops, the local paper and the internet often means supporting puppy farms - they just don't make the connection unless we tell them. So all you UK Cavalier Talkers out there, why not ask your local pet shop to hand out information, or ask if you can take your ex-puppy farm Cavalier along and hand out leaflets yourself. You're welcome to use my leaflet if you want - I could either email it to you, or print some out and post them to you. If anyone's interested, I'll copy it on to here so that you can see what you're getting! (You're welcome to make any changes for your local area)

Kate, Oliver and Aled (who features on my leaflet with the sad look he still gets occasionally!)

Thanks Kate, I have sent an email to Puppy Love and asked for leaflets and gave them my address, but they sent an email back which I think they sent it to the wrong person ?? :confused:
Would I be able to have some of your leaflets please? I'll PM you my email address :)

Back