• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Celebrity Cavalier Owners are the best to raise awareness

anniemac

I know that recent talk has been about the health of the breed and I feel people will listen if there is a face. Diane Sawyer of Good Morning America has a Cavalier. If you want to get the message across, the best way to do it is by the press. The problem is, I think with the BBC special it did not say what could be done. I don't have the solution but I do think that people who love this breed needs to know the health concerns that they are facing. I am not the best person but I don't want to give up.

Reagan had a Cavalier named Rex.

Liv Tyler has a Cavalier named Neil, but from a very good/health conscious breeder. She is probably ulikely to have SM issues (or heart issues at this point) but given she did go to a good breeder might be another source to contact.

I think it's a good idea, but I'm not really sure what platform the show would be a part of ... an Oprah show would be great if it could be arranged to focus on heart problems in the breed and how good heath-conscious breeding can help.

Last edited:
Back in 1997, two of our Cavaliers were on a 2-hour live nationwide (USA) call-in television program on the old America's Health Network, called "Ask the Veterinarian". The vet took calls on all sorts of pet health matters, but her commentary between calls was about MVD in the Cavalier King Charles spaniel. During commercial breaks, my wife briefed the vet on various cardiology journal articles about MVD.

I don't know if there are any similar programs being produced now, but in two hours, the vet was able to cover just about everything that was medically known about MVD in our breed. She was Dr. Jane Leon, who I just discovered has a website, http://drjanepetvet.com/

Mary Matalin and her husband, James Carville, had two Cavaliers, both of which were short-lived. They then gave up and switched to another breed.

I tried to contact jennifer love hewitt, but could not get on her forum. I think it would not hurt at all expecially since who could not love cavaliers. I know kristin davis does not have a cavalier but is huge on animal rights and who can forget elizabeth taylor. I am going to try the best I can, but who knows

I know that Julianne Hough from Dancing with the Stars has a cavalier, she got it last year I believe. It was in a magazine! Maybe she is an option! Someone was just on the cover of a popular american magazine with their cavalier, I can't recall who it was. Maybe Jaquelyn Smith from Charlie's angels.. not sure! I'll try to figure that one out!

just read this and found it interesting

i thought i would have a little look and see who else i could turn up
Elizabeth Taylor (née Princess Dandyridge Brandywine),owner of Charlotte York from Sex and the City
Charlie owner of actress Jennifer Love Hewitt
Neal owner of actress Liv Tyler
Lila owner of television journalist Diane Sawyer
Hopper & Hardy own celebrity acting couple Courtney Cox and Davic Arquette
Jerry O'Connell owned by Lucy
Amanda Byrnes owned by Midge
Mischa Barton, owned by Charlie
Koda Kumi, singer, owned by Rum
also Terri Hatcher and Jon Favreau (actors) are both owned by cavvies but cant find there names

Julianne Hough's cavalier, Lexi, was the reason I got interested in the breed in the first place! Unfortunately, I've found the website of the "breeder" she got her from and it seems very sketchy to me, so I hope Lexi will be okay. :( She tweeted about a year or two ago that Lexi had gone to the vet and the vet said that her heart murmur had gone away, but she first got her in September 2008 ... isn't that a bit young to have had a heart murmur in the first place? :(

http://www.celebuzz.com/2011-04-22/julianne-hough-her-pup-take-a-jaunt-in-miami-photos/

Too cute though!

The way to contact a celebrity would be through agent or publicist anne, no way a forum would get u through. Imdb.com has agent info for most celebrities though it will take a stubborn and cinvincing person to keep calling till something is dome. U have to be ultra agressive in the entertainment industry..

If you know of particular celebrities and want to get in touch with them, you could try twitter! A lot of them answer their fans, if they have one! :)

Here's a few celebrity owners that currently or have owned cavaliers in the past

Country music star Brad Paisley and his wife, Actress Kimberley Williams Paisley
Actress Amanda Bynes
Teri Hatcher (has 2)
Courtney Cox & David Arquette
Sylvester Stallone has owned cavaliers
Katherine McPhee (from American Idol)
Claire Danes
Jerry O'Connell
Brittany Murphy
Kirk Douglas
Michael J Fox
Emma Bunton (Spice Girls)

Back