• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Back to the Obedience Circuit

Karen and Ruby

Well our Agility season is over so we are back on the Obedience circuit so my little Ruby has a chance to strut her stuff!

Off to Great Yarmouth for our last Camping trip of the year and have entered Charlie in the Special Pre-beginner Stakes aswell so he has something to do!

Above all else Saturday is Charlies GOTCHA day so im thrilled to be having a whole weeked with them to Celebrate.
Alot has changed in our lives since that day he came home for good and he has been an absolute laugh a day joy to have around! Just cant beleive its been a whole year!

Well im praying that Ruby will win out of Beginners this weekend and then we can end the year on a high and she will retire at the top of her game!!

She will be 4 this year so for us it will most probably be our last year competing together.
For her to compete in Novice would be too much as the rounds of Healwork are far longer and im under no illusion that however much she loves to show off in the ring it will be too much for her!
She can easliy win so I just hope I dont let her down!

Wish us all luck :-D

Best of luck for getting your Beginners! Aled hasn't been placed much this year - his heelwork is still pretty sketchy! - but he is now beginning to do a nice retrieve, so I'm happy with his progress, and he seems to enjoy it. Enjoying it is the main thing, isn't it - being placed is just the icing on the cake (but a nice treat!).

All the best,

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Well... as always I let the little pickle down!!

- Cant walk in a strait line
- Bend over in the turns
-Forgot to take off my bag going in the ring! icon_blshing Oooops

The list goes on.....

However she was a little tinker at points herself and she did wander a bit.

Day one was an absolute DISASTER- she was competing at Pre-beginner and Beginner and our running orders and stay times were just to close together and she didnt have enough time to sleep and rest between each bit so she had lost the plot by the end of the day.

Day 2 was slightly better (apart from my wonky walking habits) and she had some lovely attention in her healwork. Her recall (which she has never lost points on before) however went a bit wrong as on her way in to me she got ants in her pants, stopped half way to sort her self out and then went straight to the finish (smarty pants :))
Hey ho theres 3 more shows till year end.

On a great note, little Charlie competed in the Special Pre Beginner round (well I only trained with him as he isnt ready for the whole hog yet) and he managed a Proper stay in the big boys ring for a whole minute!
And he did a lovely healwork with his little Tug toy for encouragment in the ring ... little C is developing quite a little Trot. Its so so so so cute :grin:

He's gonna be a handfull but well worth it I think!

Oh and Our Club won the Quiz on Saturday night :grin:

Hi Karen

There are a couple of smashing pictures of a ruby Cavalier (and handler!) at Great Yarmouth on the ObedienceUK website Out and About section - is that you? You'd be able to get a copy of the flying Ruby from Henri Miller if you wanted one to keep.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Hi Karen

There are a couple of smashing pictures of a ruby Cavalier (and handler!) at Great Yarmouth on the ObedienceUK website Out and About section - is that you? You'd be able to get a copy of the flying Ruby from Henri Miller if you wanted one to keep.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Ive just had a peek- yes thats us!!! That was our Pre-beginner round as Ive got my bag on and I had forgotten to take it off:oops:

Bless her she does look cute!

Back