• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

anyone feeding cavies ziwi peak?

Ruj

I'm from sydney

it is new to me as I just had a chat with the lady in the pet shop and she introduced me ziwi peak, new zealand brand of dog and cat foods. She highly recommended to me as it is air drying food which retain much more nutritions than kibble and as dogs are from wolf blood, they require meat more than others which that brand has provide with good meat without any chemical addition.

I'm currently feeding royal canin for cavalier,
and want to know if anyone know this brand and have experience with them as I'm now interest in them if it could be another good choice for dog food. it's quite expensive though but they said i don't need to feed them much as kibble does, because this air-drying food it contain rich of nutrition more than kibble which most of them dad been cook thru and lost most of nutrition.

i have some information if someone want to know of this brand,
there load of information in the website. http://www.ziwipeak.com

by the way, i kinda like their package that they decide to put picture of general dog instead of beautiful or healthy dog. it shows me they're being realistic about canine business.

I am considering switching to this food. Sad to see no one replied when you posted this question! I am also curious if anyone is currently feeding this food, and how it has been going. I am mostly worried about turning my dog into even more of a finicky eater than she is already, but I also want her to love her regular dog food, and I want to feed her the best food possible.

I would love to feed my dogs ziwipeak, but it's just too expensive!! Instread i feed mine Orijen, which i think is just as good. Also it contains glucosamine hcl for joints and no grain, as dogs wouldn't eat this in the wild. here's a link if you're interested ;) http://www.orijenpetfoods.co.uk/

I have seen ZiwiPeak here and have been tempted to try it, but it's very expensive here too!! If I could afford it, I would for sure give it a try. Instead, mine are on Orijen also :lol:

was going to try the treats they have next time im getting stuff(they have them in Mollys),dear hooves and dear bone...long lasting chews.:p

Really late to reply to this thread...but if it helps, I have been recently using ZiWi Peak and am very happy with it. My cavalier is a VERY picky eater and happily eats this. I've been giving her the ZiWi Peak in the morning and then her raw meat patty in the evening. My cats get ZiWi Peak as a treat...I have 4 cats so giving it to them as meals could get very very expensive!

Hi

I feed raw IE chicken wings ,lamb neck ,ribs and chops ,beef chunks and mince and fish plus veg and a lots of other stuff .Have bought recently the ziwipeak treats and of course the girls absolutely love them and the quality is absolutely superb.:)

Should be available in the UK

http://www.ziwipeak.com/gbr/home.shtml

ingredients look good

Last edited:
Update for me as well, Coco has been happily eating Ziwi peak for nearly a month now. She does like it, and the treats too! She still has her picky moments, sometimes I think she won't eat simply because she is not hungry. Once she does get hungry she does eat it all right up. Her coat is shiny and she has great energy!

I got it for my cat recently too and of course he is a huge fan of it as well.

Back