• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Its a miracle!!!!!!!

goodie2su

Our Lola has not got on well with our last foster (another female) and does not usually like sharing the house with other dogs. She is very shy around new people and finds it hard to trust anyone other than our own family.

But........................... we picked up our new foster last Wednesday and after loads of walks together, I've also kept them separated for the first couple of days in the house with a room divider so they can have a sniff without Lola launching an attack icon_blshing on him and amazingly on the first night I let them roam around the room together look what happened...

IMG_0195.jpg

I don't believe it. A total first :p
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa297/gurgleurgle/IMG_0194.jpg

:p I can't believe it, she has never ever done that before.

Now having said that, she is absolutely the boss but he lets her, is that ok?

Aww. Very cute.

Misty boss's Murphy around like crazy, we just leave them to get on with it. If he gets to hen pecked he gives her a little growl and she stops pestering him:D

Maybe it just other bitches she doesn't get on with?
She used to have the stuffing knocked out of her by a male cavalier in her first home.
She was bullied and confined to whatever territory he allowed her.
Poor thing learned to fight her corner early on.
She had a few skirmishes with my Daisy,we nicknamed her LPB(Lil pitbull), she looked so tough with her short back and sides hairdoicon_blshing.
She was the most loving and affectionate little thing towards people and children.
I have to say she looks fantastic in that photo.
Sins

Thanks Murphy's mom for that. Carlisle will just run away from Lola if he doesn't want to play. If he is sitting beside one of us and Lola gets up on the chair to mooch in, he will just move to someone else and let her take his place. He seems abit afraid of her. Is it best to let them sort it out? Should there always be a pecking order?

Thanks sins, sorry I didn't see your post before my last one.

Absolutely they will be supervised all the time and when I go out the room divider is up.

Thats awful sins. She is still so afraid and very damaged :( She will cower if someone new comes to the house and doesn't want them touching her. But Carlisle seems to be bringing her out of herself. We had visitors on Sunday and she jumped down to have a sniff and she even let the man pet her but only after he rubbed Carlisle. For her thats huge. I don't know if its just bitches she has a problem with but I think it predominently is. She had a problem with a dog I was minding for my friend, a Jack Russell and she really hated him. He was bouncy and hyper that she was so uneasy she went for him at any chance she could get.

It is absolutely heartbreaking when we see her so afraid. In the beginning it would only have to be a cough, sneeze, the doorbell, phone anything and she would run and cower as if her life depended on it. But thank God she is much better and gaining confidence and possibly has found a friend in Carlisle. :hug:

LPB :badgrin: sounds about right!

:lol: well that is a nice sight to see!! Glad things are going well so far; they look very sweet together :).

Back