• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

FOUND!!!! STOLEN: 8 cavaliers in Wexford, mostly adult females

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Will post more detail later as I only have a brief moment to post but eight dogs were taken, mostly blenheim bitches, but also a B&T puppy, in a white van from the home of a cavalier breeder in Wexford. Please if anyone sees anything suspicious -- a van or possibly full of many cavaliers -- anywhere in Ireland get the registration and ring Gardai. Ferries have been notified; there may be an attempt to sell these over in the UK. If you see a lot of cavaliers ANYWHERE let gardai know. If you are offered dogs for sale in odd circumstances, be very cautious and notify gardai.

The owner is devastated -- many of these were MRI scanned dogs with good grades. :(

This is her post elsewhere. This happened yesterday:

THIS AFTERNOON EIGHT CAVALIERS WERE STOLEN FROM MY HOME. PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND THEM. THERE ARE FOUR BLENHEIMS, ONE RUBY, TWO TRI-COLOURSAND ONE BLACK AND TAN PUPPY. ONE TRI-COLOUR IS A MALE AND SO IS THE BLACK AND TAN BABY, THE OTHERS ARE ALL FEMALES. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP I AM HEARTBROKEN. Call RENA KIRKHAM on+353 (0)51-424003 or +353 (0)87-775 9688

You beat me to it Karlin - was just going to post this.

This is just tragic - one of very few responsible breeders in Ireland, one of the only ones MRI scanning for Syringomyelia :( in addition to being a huge personal loss for Rena.

We desperately need to find these Cavaliers...

I've written and suggested Rena contact Dogs Lost, also Dogs Today magazine and the microchipping company. We need to make these dogs too hot to handle - anyone in the Wexford area particularly that can help that would be very greatfully received. Although they could be anywhere by now :(

Posted on FB, CavalierChat and www.topdog.ie
A lot of the Irish exhibitors of the Irish showscene follows Topdog,they'll get it out on the grapevine I'm sure.
Sins

Giving her advice on how to approach this -- a similarly stolen cav in NI was returned by using a certain approach and am hoping same will work here as they are probably not too far yet. All are chipped which will help find them if they try to sell them anywhere.

This is apalling, I hope they turn up soon, and none the worse for their ordeal. The poor owner, she must be devastated.

Oh goodness graciousness! How terribly devastating! My heart goes out to the breeder. Saying a prayer for them...

This is just too awful, why do people have to be so cruel. Will spread the word as much as I can down this end of the country and contact anyone else I think might be of use.

Oh, that's awful, so heartbreaking :(:(. I have emailed as many family and friends I could to spread the word around. Really hope theses babies show up, safe and sound :xfngr:

If anyone has contacts with the UK travelling community and can explain that if anyone hears of these dogs, that there is a large reward and no questions asked for their return -- and note that all are microchipped -- that would be a helpful approach. They will either stay in Ireland or go to the UK. They may have been stolen to order for homes in the UK. :( But if there's a lot of awareness it may make them too hot to handle, especially as all are chipped.

They are FOUND!!!!
b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*

Subject: STOLEN CAVALIERS ARE HOME!!!!!!!!

Thankyou all so much.I picked up all eight of my babies in Waterford Gardai station about an hour and a half ago. All well, hungry and thirsty and a bit frightened but so happy to be home! And I to have them!!! Thank you all again for your calls, e-mails and thoughts. The garda received a tip and were given a location to pick them up. I am so delighted, I still can't believe I have them. Again thank you all so much. Rena

Back