• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

at my wits end and need advice

my first cav Harry is almost 6 and has always been a good dog, fast forward to Jan this year when i got Jasper...

jasper was crate trained until about 5 months ago as he was house trained day and night,

all well and good until about 3 months ago..

Harry had a urine infection, was treated quickly and tests have confirmed he no longer has an infection.

yet for the last 2 months i'm coming down and finding wee or wee and poo on the kitchen floor :bang: had both dogs checked with vet no reason for it as given all clear

dogs were staying with our vet last week as he does home boarding as we were on holiday, both dogs fine no accidents,

back at home since monday.... yep accidents again

help it's driving me crazy and i'm at a loss for what to do :(
i can go out all day and they'll be fine, i let them out at 10pm and stay with them to make sure they have a wee, i'm up at 6am so only having to hold it for 8 hours

cant take it anymore :bang:

More information is needed... What is their schedule for eating and potty times? By adjusting these two things, it might be easy to fix the problem.

You might want to try going back to having them sleep in their crates - that way at least you will know who is having the accidents.

Also I don't think picking up water after about 8 p.m. is a bad thing - I'm usually not a fan of not having it accessible but mine sleep in their crates so they don't have access to water after 10 p.m. What time is their evening meal? You could try having it a bit earlier. Maybe take them for a walk prior to bedtime? I was doing that when I had to feed Rylie a late meal - just to make sure that he wouldn't have to "go" a couple of hours later.

Could you find out what their schedule was at the kennel - it was something that sounds like it worked for your dogs.

they get fed at 7am and 7pm , and water is always available 24/7
and as i work from home they have access to the garden pretty much all day.
They have their last walk around 8pm as i cant take them out later as i'm single and my kids are in bed from 9pm.

think i'll put them back in a crate and take it from there :(

Back