Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finn - new arrival

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finn - new arrival

I had a new arrival at the weekend - Finn a 10+ year old Tri Cav from the pound. He was picked up as a stray a few weeks ago and as microchipped his owners were contacted. They said they gave him to someone and would contact the new owner, when they couldn't they said they'd be up to collect him. About three weeks later he turned into a surrender - they didn't want him back. I check the pounds regularly and I'm so cross - could have collected him a fortnight ago instead of him being stuck in pound As I said, he's about 10/11 but it's hard to age him as he only has a few teeth in the bottom. He's really tiny and so bony with a very fine coat that wasn't in a great state but he eats great so should put on weight in no time and a bath and groom has made the world of difference already. He fitted in immediately with my lot [tried to hump Willow - dirty boy!]. His heart is good so booked in next week for neuter.
    I'm so in love He just wants to sit on my lap [or throat] all day long. Isn't the smartest cookie in the world as he keeps jumping up on sofas then can't get down again so house is like an obstacle course with things to help him get down. My older German Shepherd thinks he is her pup and follows him round all the time and I call him "the pup" because he's so small and cries like a puppy. He's probably the oldest of the lot now Named him Finn because that's me finished, finneto, no more dogs [yeah right!]
    Looking forward to Finn becoming confident, porky and the loved, precious dog he was always meant to be.
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed - posted this in photo gallery! Will get pics soon.
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your new arrival. I think he has landed on his feet this time, lucky Finn
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Well done you for taking an oldie into your care and heart.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on finally getting Finn (great name by the way...but you know it wont be)

Pics soon please
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Bless you! Good for Finn to spend his retirement with you. Really looking forward to hearing about him in the coming days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's lovely and so kind. I agree it makes you so mad when these ones are left in the pound like that -- and how could anyone not want an elderly dog back? They must have known he was likely to be pts in the pound at his age -- if it weren't for someone like you. Well done!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great news, that he's found you to live with
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Well done for taking Finn & loving him in his autumn years,he sounds a great character& i hope you have many happy years ahead

Any pics yet? Hows he doing?
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry I missed this - congratulations and a huge thank you for taking on this oldie.

I just love the oldies, something so special about them

Looking forward to some photos.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org