• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finn - new arrival

allie

I had a new arrival at the weekend - Finn a 10+ year old Tri Cav from the pound. He was picked up as a stray a few weeks ago and as microchipped his owners were contacted. They said they gave him to someone and would contact the new owner, when they couldn't they said they'd be up to collect him. About three weeks later he turned into a surrender - they didn't want him back. I check the pounds regularly and I'm so cross - could have collected him a fortnight ago instead of him being stuck in pound :mad: As I said, he's about 10/11 but it's hard to age him as he only has a few teeth in the bottom. He's really tiny and so bony with a very fine coat that wasn't in a great state but he eats great so should put on weight in no time and a bath and groom has made the world of difference already. He fitted in immediately with my lot [tried to hump Willow - dirty boy!]. His heart is good so booked in next week for neuter.
I'm so in love :l*v: He just wants to sit on my lap [or throat] all day long. Isn't the smartest cookie in the world as he keeps jumping up on sofas then can't get down again so house is like an obstacle course with things to help him get down. My older German Shepherd thinks he is her pup and follows him round all the time and I call him "the pup" because he's so small and cries like a puppy. He's probably the oldest of the lot now :lol: Named him Finn because that's me finished, finneto, no more dogs [yeah right!]icon_whistling
Looking forward to Finn becoming confident, porky and the loved, precious dog he was always meant to be.

Congratulations on finally getting Finn (great name by the way...but you know it wont be:lol:)

Pics soon please

Ah Bless you! Good for Finn to spend his retirement with you. Really looking forward to hearing about him in the coming days.

That's lovely and so kind. I agree it makes you so mad when these ones are left in the pound like that -- and how could anyone not want an elderly dog back? They must have known he was likely to be pts in the pound at his age -- if it weren't for someone like you. Well done! :)

Well done for taking Finn & loving him in his autumn years,he sounds a great character:)& i hope you have many happy years ahead

Any pics yet:snap:? Hows he doing?

I'm so sorry I missed this - congratulations and a huge thank you for taking on this oldie.

I just love the oldies, something so special about them :lotsaluv::lotsaluv:

Looking forward to some photos.

Hooray for you and hooray for Finn.

I love the name and the reason.

You are going to love having an older dog and you are an angel for adopting him.

Well done you, such a kind thing to do and im sure finn appreciates you and will reward you in full, as for the name it probably suit him but i doubt it means anthing else. (y)

Sorry I haven't been able to post any pics yet - my camera has packed up so a new one is on my Christmas list. Finn is hard to take pictures of even on my phone because he never goes far enough away. He's adorable - the most vacant dog I've ever met - but absolutely adorable :luv: If anyone could overhear me when we're out walking they'd ring the USPCA - I let the other dogs off to run free and say to him "No, Finn - you're not allowed off, you're too stupid" [bless]. He just wants to sit on my lap all the time so we working on sitting on the sofa beside me as I do want SOME independence in him :razz: Great boy and we're lucky to have him - my Finlay Fool xx

bless him :D he sounds absolutely adorable!

i have a soft spot for the oldies too, its heartbreaking how they get overlooked in rescue so many times. they have so much to give to their new owners and people unfortunately dont see that.

hope you post some photos soon! he really does sound lovely

Was looking to update post about Bertie when I came across this. Can't believe after all this time I still haven't posted a pic of Finn! It was really strange reading about when he first came - skinny lol, he's a wee fat fool now! It's hard to imagine life without him - as I say to him every day "how lucky was I to have met you" xx
530290_320953277959744_628702678_n.jpg

Willow & Finn

I think Bertie's thread must be in the rehoming section so will post his latest adventure here :)
555471_377227592332312_710788332_n.jpg

This is Bertie "Butter Wouldn't Melt" [from Cavan SPCA]. He is 11 years old, deaf, blind in one eye, hasn't a tooth in his head and is so wobbly on his feet he staggers about like a wee drunk man. "Aww - poor boy" I hear you think, but before you feel too sorry for him Bertie has just discovered he has ninja superpowers. Wee fecker climbed up on kitchen counter, stole & ate a banana, skin and all. Was only caught because he struggled to finish off the stalk! LOL - no doubt I'll be seeing the results of his monkey diet later on!!

Named him Finn because that's me finished, finneto, no more dogs [yeah right!]icon_whistling

Just thought I'd remind you of this -Bertie probably thinks it's a
good job you seem to have forgotten :rotfl:

Last edited:
LOL @ Bertie isn't that wonderful when they can still get into mischief even at that age!!

I started reading the thread and didn't look at the date, and thought it sounded familiar D'OH! Do hope Finn is keeping well.

Thanks for sharing the photos :)

I have a banana bunch here too!

Back