• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Normal behavior?

Sullysmom

Sully does two odds things. Just wondering if they are "normal".

First, you know how a cat scratches his back feet to cover up their "business"? Sully does this even when he's not going to the bathroom. Mostly when he's playing with my other dog.

Second, he scoots on his butt. Do cavaliers have trouble with Anal glands?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Both India and Geordie wipe their feet vigorously in the grass after they go #2.

If I see any of my cavaliers scoot a few times, I take them in for anal gland checks. Usually they need to be emptied, but every now and then they don't.

Our Chocolate had to have her anal sacs removed this year at age 8 because they caused her pain and were difficult to empty at the vets. The surgery was successful, and the vet found that one of her sacs was 4 times as big as the other, poor girl!

Last edited:
Leo does both of these! We know when his anal glands are troubling him, although since a change in diet it's been much better icon_whistling

The foot wiping thing he does when ever he's been to the loo

Leo does both of these! We know when his anal glands are troubling him, although since a change in diet it's been much better icon_whistling

The foot wiping thing he does when ever he's been to the loo

Good to know. What diet change did you make?

Belle does the back feet move. It all started the day after she was spayed, I thought it was something to do with that, but I know other dogs do it. Sometimes she'll do it after she's goes potty (1 or 2) and sometimes when she wants to play with Bobby. It's funny to watch when she wants to play, if she could talk, I imagine her saying to him: "Wanna scrap?!" :lol:
I don't like it when she scratches the grass when it's been too wet or soggy, then she brings grass and mud into the house, how frustrating!:bang:

Misty wipes her feet quit vigorously after the toilet, to the point you have to jump out of the way to avoid any stones she kicks back:badgrin:

And both of them scoot when they need their glands emptied, they need theirs done about every 2 months.

Back