• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Curious comment.

Just a bit off topic, but I belong to a general dog forum which has a huge following, (usually at least 1200 guests and members viewing at the same time). This forum is composed of all kinds of dog owners, owners of mixed breeds, purebreds, pet owners, breeders, dogs who are couch potatoes, dogs who are athletes....if it involves canines, you will find it on this particular forum. Twice in two days in two separate threads, the health issues of Cavaliers has been mentioned. I can't remember any other breed being singled out for health issues before in this forum. So if breeders are thinking that the general public isn't paying attention to the health status of Cavaliers as a breed, guess what....they are.
J.

Curious comment

Just a bit off topic, but I belong to a general dog forum which has a huge following, (usually at least 1200 guests and members viewing at the same time). This forum is composed of all kinds of dog owners, owners of mixed breeds, purebreds, pet owners, breeders, dogs who are couch potatoes, dogs who are athletes....if it involves canines, you will find it on this particular forum. Twice in two days in two separate threads, the health issues of Cavaliers has been mentioned. I can't remember any other breed being singled out for health issues before in this forum. So if breeders are thinking that the general public isn't paying attention to the health status of Cavaliers as a breed, guess what....they are.
J.

CURIOUS COMMENT

Thanks Jay for this .

I really do believe that the Health Problems in our Cavaliers has got to be being put across to the Cavalier Buying Public ,so that they will be made aware before buying a Cavalier ,to ask to see a Health Certificate and Proof that the Cavalier Breeder is following the Breeding Guideline Recommendations for SM and MVD given by the Researchers.

Sadly , and I do have to mention her name, Norma Inglis has just said in a Post on a Cavalier Forum, that in the DOG WORLD FORUM ,it was a Debacle ,that it was a War of Words.

Why cannot she under-stand that us True Lovers of our Cavalier Breed were only saying what should have been said a few years ago, that the Cavalier Breed is in a Mess due to their SM and MVD Problems.

That the Cavalier Buying Public should ask to see Proof that the Cavalier Breeder is Health Testing their Cavalier Breeding Stock.

She further claims that it was a Sorry Episode.

What an unfortunate Phrase to use, when some of us are trying to give the Cavalier Breed the chance of a Healthier, Longer Life.

I think what has come out of some of the Posts ,is that some Cavalier Breeders would do any-thing to try and stop the Ill Health of Cavaliers being discussed.

I think it is more important than ever that the Cavalier Buying Public is made aware about those Two Serious Health Problems in Cavaliers because of the Money Problems some of them could be having now because of the State of the Economy in our Country,that the Medication for Cavaliers can cost quite a bit of Money.

This surely must be all the more reason for any-body buying a Cavalier ,is the advice ,only Buy a Cavalier from a Cavalier Breeder who can Give Proof that they are Health Testing and Following the Breeding Guideline Recommendations for their Cavalier Breeding Stock.

We know that this will not Guarantee that the Cavalier will have no Health Problems in their Life-time ,but at least the Cavalier Buyer will know that the Cavalier Breeder cares enough about the Future of the Cavalier Breed and is trying their best to give Cavaliers a Future.

Bet

...Sadly , and I do have to mention her name, Norma Inglis has just said in a Post on a Cavalier Forum, that in the DOG WORLD FORUM ,it was a Debacle ,that it was a War of Words.

... She further claims that it was a Sorry Episode. ...

Bet, could you be more specific? Which Cavalier Forum? Where is it?

CURIOUS COMMENT

Rod ,It's the Cavalier Chat Forum

The Thread ,Dog World Debacle

Bet

CURIOUS COMMENT.

Just received a Letter this morning ( at least it was'nt Anonymous this time) from an Irate Cavalier Breeder, why can't some Cavalier Breeders not understand that what I and others are saying about our Cavaliers ,is at the moment ,the Cavalier Buying Public have to be being made aware about the Seriousness of the SM and MVD Problems afflicting the Cavalier Breed, and ask to see Proof that the Cavalier Breeder is Health Testing and following the Breeding Guideline Recommendations that have been given by the Researchers and the CKCS CLUB.

If only those few Cavalier Breeders would stop behaving in such a Childish ,Petty Way, stop Picking Holes in every-thing the Researchers are trying to do, give those Researchers all the Help they are asking for with their Research Work, and those Cavalier Breeders be doing something Positive to help our Beloved Breed, instead of all this Griping and finding Fault with every Suggestion that is being made to help the Health Problems of SM and MVD in the Breed.

Is it because some Cavalier Breeders are now getting concerned that there might be being Problems discovered in their Breeding Lines ,and they don't want to co-operate with the Researchers, that it was OK when some Cavalier Breeders thought that there was no chance of Those Cavalier Health Problems ever being found out about in their Breeding Programs, but now the Research is maybe getting too close for Comfort for some of those Cavalier Breeders.

Food For Thought!!!

Bet

Curious comment

CURIOUS COMMENT.

Just received a Letter this morning ( at least it was'nt Anonymous this time) from an Irate Cavalier Breeder, why can't some Cavalier Breeders not understand that what I and others are saying about our Cavaliers ,is at the moment ,the Cavalier Buying Public have to be being made aware about the Seriousness of the SM and MVD Problems afflicting the Cavalier Breed, and ask to see Proof that the Cavalier Breeder is Health Testing and following the Breeding Guideline Recommendations that have been given by the Researchers and the CKCS CLUB.

If only those few Cavalier Breeders would stop behaving in such a Childish ,Petty Way, stop Picking Holes in every-thing the Researchers are trying to do, give those Researchers all the Help they are asking for with their Research Work, and those Cavalier Breeders be doing something Positive to help our Beloved Breed, instead of all this Griping and finding Fault with every Suggestion that is being made to help the Health Problems of SM and MVD in the Breed.

Is it because some Cavalier Breeders are now getting concerned that there might be being Problems discovered in their Breeding Lines ,and they don't want to co-operate with the Researchers, that it was OK when some Cavalier Breeders thought that there was no chance of Those Cavalier Health Problems ever being found out about in their Breeding Programs, but now the Research is maybe getting too close for Comfort for some of those Cavalier Breeders.

Food For Thought!!!

Bet

CURIOUS COMMENT

I was'nt going to be adding anymore to this Thread , after reading about Scooby on the List ,it brought everything back to me about the Heart -Ache we had with Sweep who died at 7 ,Cindy Lu ,8 ,Shari , 8(named after the Race Horse Sharistani) , Ailsa 7, whose wee Head had to be held up by Fleek so that she was able to Breathe on her last journey to our Vet.

All died from MVD

What this is leading up to is the Effrontary of a Cavalier Breeder mentioning that the Discussion on the DOG WORLD FORUM was a Debacle.

Are some Cavalier Breeders still hoping that those Two Serious Health problems in our Cavalier Breed MVD and SM will be kept Hidden from the Cavalier Buying Public

That some of us Lovers of Cavaliers feel that it is only by Cavalier Breeders Health Testing and following the Breeding Guideline Recommendations for MVD and SM given from the CKCS CLUB and the Researchers , the Cavalier Buying Public ask to see Proof that this being done, that the Health in Cavaliers might improve, till the Genes and Carriers for those Diseases are found.

Also if Puppy Farmers were being ask the same Question ,they might not be long in Business

Finally if I could mention what was said by a Previous CKCS CLUB Chair-Person.

"There are many Members who are still not Prepared to Health Check their Breeding Stock , and of those who do ,it would appear that many would not Hesitate to Breed from Affected Animals "

Bet

Back