• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

In this week's dog world

Bet

May I be allowed to mention the Post I had in this week's Dog WORLD's Forum but was immediately removed because of a Complaint by an Irate Cavalier Breeder

The Article by the Writer Sheila Atter was about the Future of the Breeding of Dogs.

I Mentioned that the saving of our Cavalier Breed will be the finding of the Genes for the Two Serious Health Problems Afflicting Cavaliers ,SM and MVD.

That this will be down to the Researchers ,not the Cavalier Breeders.

Hope-fully the finding of the SM Gene/Genes are now on the Horizon ,the MVD Genetic Research is on-going at the moment,but the Gene/Genes for that Condition ,will I am sure be found before too long the way that Science is advancing .

The Problem with MVD is, the Cavalier Breeders here in Britain were in 1983 ,after Surveys were carried out at CKCS SHOWS by Dr P.Darke, the CLUB'S Cardiologist ,about how Serious and Wide-spread the MVD Problem was ,not much notice was taken about this warning ,and now there could be so many Cavalier Carriers around with the MVD Genes.

Maybe this could be the reason why the Latest Veterinary ,Peer Reviewed Paper just Published in Sweden, has said that, the 6 year old Cavaliers who were being Researched ,the Prevalance of Heart Murmurs in the 6 year old Cavaliers ,is now Higher than in Previous Swedish Investigations .

So I really do think that if the Cavalier Breed is to be saved , it will only be with Cavalier Breeders, not all, because some Cavalier Breeders are co-operating with the Researchers, but some are so intent of putting Obstacles and not taking the Advice the Researchers are giving, that the Cavalier Breed is where it is to-day with their Health Problems.

Bet

IN This Week's Dog World

Keep up the good work!

In this week's Dog World.

Thank's Carol, As we say in Scotland ,It's a Sair Fecht.!!!!

I really do think that it will be Cavalier Buying Public who will have the deciding voice in saving our Cavaliers, if they can be made aware not to buy from a Cavalier Breeder who does not MRI Scan for SM and Heart Test for MVD their
Cavalier Breeding Stock.

This comment appeared in OUR DOGS in connection with the Blenheim Palace Show and was written by the Cavalier Health Representative,and is so very true

Cavalier Breeders have Two Choices ,they can either be Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution,

For some Cavalier Breeders they do seem to be part of the Cavaliers' Health Problem ,continually putting Obstacles and Objections in the way of the Health Researchers , and giving false information at every opportunity they can get about Cavaliers, that they have no Health Troubles.

Bet

In this week's Dog World.

Thank's Carol, As we say in Scotland ,It's a Sair Fecht.!!!!

I really do think that it will be Cavalier Buying Public who will have the deciding voice in saving our Cavaliers, if they can be made aware not to buy from a Cavalier Breeder who does not MRI Scan for SM and Heart Test for MVD their
Cavalier Breeding Stock.

This comment appeared in OUR DOGS in connection with the Blenheim Palace Show and was written by the Cavalier Health Representative,and is so very true

Cavalier Breeders have Two Choices ,they can either be Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution,

For some Cavalier Breeders they do seem to be part of the Cavaliers' Health Problem ,continually putting Obstacles and Objections in the way of the Health Researchers , and giving false information at every opportunity they can get about Cavaliers, that they have no Health Troubles.

Bet

IN THIS WEEK'S DOG WORLD

If I could be allowed to mention this.

I have had so much Venomous, Vitriolic Abuse given to me on the DOG WORLD FORUM by a Person who was so scared to sign their Posts and used a Pseudonym, but now ,maybe ,just maybe, that the identity of this Person could possibly have been discovered

Bet

Hello Bet

I am sure by now you are more than a match for these people with no name and always remember Bet if you attract reactions of this cowardly nature you must be hurting them by your comments .

I also often wonder do any of these people own Cavaliers and if so do they ever have any which are suffering from SM as I never seem to read that they do and I never ever read any of the vociferous breeders posting anywhere about Cavaliers they own or have sold which suffer from SM or are their doors marked in such a way that SM passes them by .:-?

Being nothing but a poor ignorant pet owner who has no desire to either breed or show I only believe the way forward is for more health testing, certainly not less ,and I for one if and when I decide to increase my flock will be seeking only Cavaliers that fulfill every recommended healthy breeding criteria available from whatever breeder that fulfills all the required protocols and produces the necessary documentation as proof, and of course if that then means an increase in price so be it and in any event two of my girls come from highly respected breeders who charged prices to reflect their standing within the breeders community .I have no death wish for Cavalier breeders only lots of regard,thanks and respect for those breeders that do comply with all the guidelines and so therefore cannot understand when comments are posted to decrease the amount of testing that is done ,so can anybody pls clarify for me what tests they think the writer deems as unnecessary .:-?

I find during my many walks with my little group increasing numbers of overweight Cavaliers ( and owners ) who we approach in a kindly manner and engage in friendly conversation and find out most have purchased their dogs from BYB and that many intend to have just one litter themselves ,it is so hard then without appearing overbearing or aggressive to try and persuade or even plead with them please don't do this as theres more than enough problems within the breed without adding to them .I also hand out our Cavaliermatters cards and leaflets and try to get them to join CT and have look at the Cavaliermatters website but I know my words often fall on deaf ears but I feel duty bound to at least try and sincerely hope that some may listen to me.:-?

So please Bet keep on banging the drum as every time you get a reaction means you are hurting where they don't like . :)

In this week's dog world.

Hello Bet

I am sure by now you are more than a match for these people with no name and always remember Bet if you attract reactions of this cowardly nature you must be hurting them by your comments .

I also often wonder do any of these people own Cavaliers and if so do they ever have any which are suffering from SM as I never seem to read that they do and I never ever read any of the vociferous breeders posting anywhere about Cavaliers they own or have sold which suffer from SM or are their doors marked in such a way that SM passes them by .:-?

Being nothing but a poor ignorant pet owner who has no desire to either breed or show I only believe the way forward is for more health testing, certainly not less ,and I for one if and when I decide to increase my flock will be seeking only Cavaliers that fulfill every recommended healthy breeding criteria available from whatever breeder that fulfills all the required protocols and produces the necessary documentation as proof, and of course if that then means an increase in price so be it and in any event two of my girls come from highly respected breeders who charged prices to reflect their standing within the breeders community .I have no death wish for Cavalier breeders only lots of regard,thanks and respect for those breeders that do comply with all the guidelines and so therefore cannot understand when comments are posted to decrease the amount of testing that is done ,so can anybody pls clarify for me what tests they think the writer deems as unnecessary .:-?

I find during my many walks with my little group increasing numbers of overweight Cavaliers ( and owners ) who we approach in a kindly manner and engage in friendly conversation and find out most have purchased their dogs from BYB and that many intend to have just one litter themselves ,it is so hard then without appearing overbearing or aggressive to try and persuade or even plead with them please don't do this as theres more than enough problems within the breed without adding to them .I also hand out our Cavaliermatters cards and leaflets and try to get them to join CT and have look at the Cavaliermatters website but I know my words often fall on deaf ears but I feel duty bound to at least try and sincerely hope that some may listen to me.:-?

So please Bet keep on banging the drum as every time you get a reaction means you are hurting where they don't like . :)

IN THIS WEEK'S DOG WORLD

Thanks Brian for your Post ,what a lot of sense you have said

You will never guess the latest excuse that some of the Cavalier Breeders are now using on the DOG WORLD Forum , because the word Hypothesis is used when describing the SM Results,they will not be MRI Scanning their Cavalier Breeding Stock. I always thought that this word is always used in Peer Reviewed Veterinary Papers.

OH WELL, we now know we who love the Cavalier Breed are, there will always some excuse after another from some Cavalier Breeders not to Health Test their Cavaliers.

It's going to be up to us who Truly Love Cavaliers ,to get the Message across to Cavalier Buyers,

ONLY BUY A CAVALIER FROM A CAVALIER BREEDER WHO HEALTH TESTS THEIR CAVALIER BREEDING STOCK,AND ASK TO SEE A CERTIFICATE TO PROVE THAT THIS IS BEING DONE.

I just can't see any other way of tackling the Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed.

Bet

IN THIS WEEK'S DOG WORLD

Thanks Brian for your Post ,what a lot of sense you have said

You will never guess the latest excuse that some of the Cavalier Breeders are now using on the DOG WORLD Forum , because the word Hypothesis is used when describing the SM Results,they will not be MRI Scanning their Cavalier Breeding Stock. I always thought that this word is always used in Peer Reviewed Veterinary Papers.

OH WELL, we now know we who love the Cavalier Breed are, there will always some excuse after another from some Cavalier Breeders not to Health Test their Cavaliers.

It's going to be up to us who Truly Love Cavaliers ,to get the Message across to Cavalier Buyers,

ONLY BUY A CAVALIER FROM A CAVALIER BREEDER WHO HEALTH TESTS THEIR CAVALIER BREEDING STOCK,AND ASK TO SEE A CERTIFICATE TO PROVE THAT THIS IS BEING DONE.

I just can't see any other way of tackling the Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed.

Bet

IN THIS WEEK'S DOG WORLD

I 'm away to watch the Foot-ball on the TV now, but just had to say what an Eye Opener this day has been to me on the Dog World Forum.

Never really knew how some Cavalier Breeders could behave towards those who are doing the Best for the Cavaliers with their SM Problem.

Some of the Posts from some of the Cavalier Breeders had to be with-drawn by the Editor.

I am just so sorry that those who are trying to help with the SM Cavalier Problem , have to be subjected to such Vile, Venemous Abuse.

I had always given some of those Cavalier Breeders the Benefit of the Doubt about them caring about the Health Problems in Cavaliers, but after their carry-on to-day, Not any more.

I think that it does'nt matter what is proposed to help the suffering of our Cavaliers, some of the Cavalier Breeders have shown their True Colours, and just won't be co-operating, that it does'nt matter what is suggested by the Researchers, an excuse will be found not to help with the Cavalier Breeds 'Health Troubles.

Bet

Back