Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOUND - Blenheim Male approx 1 1/2 years old. Dubin

Post Thanks / Like

Default FOUND - Blenheim Male approx 1 1/2 years old. Dubin

Hi Guys,

I hope this is ok to post here. Yesterday I spotted a Blenheim male in my area several times(long story... he kept following my cav! ) I finally could not let it go any more when I saw him criss crossing his way around a busy crossroads in Dublin 8. For those of you who know the area he was crossing the busy intersection at Leonards Corner several times. I initially thought he was a neighbour’s dog however when I brought him up to her house, she said their dog was no longer with them.
    I brought him to my vet to see if he has been micro chipped ... but both of my Vets scanners are broken. I will try another surgery this evening. I have also alerted the Gardaí in Kevin St and Harcourt Terrace, Ashtown Pound and the DSPCA.
    This guy is a beauty and definitely a family pet, his coat is immaculate - I can still smell the groomers shampoo from him! He also turned his nose up at my dry food this am. He is very bubbly and giddy and extremely frisky!

If you know of anybody who has lost a beautiful Blenheim, can you let me know immediately? We are more than delighted to hold onto him until his owners turn up.

Thanks
    Órla

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Orla:

I'd ask for some proof if you get a call from a purported owner -- eg a picture of the dog. Lots of bad types would like to get hold of a dog they might breed.

If you cannot find the owner after a week he can be rehomed. I am happy to do this or at the very least arrange discounted neuter and chip. I hope he is chipped but you may well find he is chipped with no owner details -- as breeders have to chip but often don't register and typically don't transfer ownership details.

Just PM me if you wish to discuss this by phone or find you want to get him rehomed. Legally you need to hold him 5 days but of course you can hang on to him a bit longer in hopes that the family show up. I would not give him to the DSPCA.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

There's a post on facebook that a young male Blenheim had gone missing from Donaghmeade area...link is on Regina Hamilton facebook...maybe contact her or send me a pmwith your contactdetails & I'll pass them on, maybe the same dog
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed.
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Probably unlikely to have gotten so far as Donaghmede to Leonards Corner, but always a possibility. Still be sure to ask for a picture or other proof of ownership.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Zoe and Karlin,

Karlin,
    I was thinking the exact same thing re dodgy breeders, hence my very lame description!

Zoe,
    I hope it is her dog, he is really too cute. Somebody must be missing him badly. This ladys FB page is private so I will FB so I will pm you with my details.

I will keep you posted.
    Órla

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,

This is the second time I have found a dog with no id tag, contact number or chip. The last dog stayed with us for a weekend while her owner went out of her mind with worry, the owners 7 series BMW had been stolen with her miniture Yorkie in the back seat! The thieves obviously kept the car and got rid of the little dog This little yorkie manged to make it from St James's Hospital to Griffith College overnight.
    We eventually reunited him with his owner via The Gerry Ryan show!

Hopefully this guy will have a chip, I will let you know. I have also sent Zoe a pm with my details.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking maybe he was stolen & dumped, wouldn't be the first time or last time! I've forwarded your details Orla so hopefully something will come of it
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

the owners 7 series BMW had been stolen with her miniture Yorkie in the back seat! The thieves obviously kept the car and got rid of the little dog
    Oh my God, what a horrible experience for the owner -- same thing happened to a friend's parents in Belfast; they'd just parked the car in the drive to bring in shopping and dogs were in the back (three springers) and thieves stole the car -- but they dumped the dogs as well.

Yes stolen and dumped is always a possibility.

I am setting up a new lost and found forum so that people can more easily list dogs that fit that definition.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it's awful the yorkie was stolen & dumped but excuse me - a BMW but couldn't spare the money to chip their dog
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree