• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Checking your cav's history

susandavis1

Hi

From previous posts, I notice people have traced the history of their cavaliers and some can even see the health history of their cavalier's parents, grandparents and siblings. Can someone direct me to where this is information is available? Is this service available to the all cavalier owners? Is it available in Ireland? I would be interested in taking a look at Darcy's history.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Sue,
If your cavalier is IKC registered,you can look at the pedigree cert and see who the parents are.If you want more information about their history,you can order a 4 generation pedigree cert from the IKC for €32 and that will give you the names of the dogs behind your cavalier.
If your cavalier is bred from showlines,there will be an affix in front of the name and you can check out the database www.worldpedigrees.com and see if any ancestors are there.Try that before buying the 4 gen cert.
There's no database that will give you details of health like in the USA.
Alternatively,you can PM me the names of the parents/grandparents and I'll see what I can find out for you.I know someone who has an almost photographic memory for old Irish pedigrees.
Sins

Hi

When each of mine decided to come and live with me they all kindly came with a Kennel Club Registration Certificate with which I then applied to The Club and paid them a set fee for the provision of a five generation pedigree certificate which of course then showed some interesting facts .Like in my Daisy's case her grandfather was the same on her Mums side and her Dads side .

Back