• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Articles in Stickies

I am a new member and was so excited to see articles from Stacy's Wag n'Train, as well as Stacy's site listed as a reference site. Stacy is a good friend of mine and she is a great trainer!

I saw that you were listed there for some classes and puppy socials. :D I really like her approach to kids and dogs in particular and emailed her a few years back to say so -- those sections of her site are great, as are the excellent worksheets on the '6 secrets' and 'just try it' as well as the one on just managing a situation as a simple way to quickly address an issue (I wish more people would realise the easiest solution is often just a bit of owner management to contain a problem before it becomes a huge issue...).

All found here for anyone who hasn't yet read these!

(I wish more people would realise the easiest solution is often just a bit of owner management to contain a problem before it becomes a huge issue...).

All found here for anyone who hasn't yet read these!

Unfortunately, the owner's behavior is usually (almost always) a huge piece of the puzzle and unless they change their behavior, their dog can't change it's own.

Stacy is a super cool person and everyone benefits from reading her stuff and taking her classes:)

Yes I think -- as Stacy points out -- that people confuse normal dog behaviour with *bad* behaviour and don't realise that it is realistic expectations, plus the time and thought an owner puts into good management and training to get the dog you would like to have that makes all the difference in shaping or effectively addressing *normal* behaviour... :D

I do think far too many people forget they are getting a living animal with a dog, cat or other companion animal, not a celebrity-style cute accessory. Owners need to be able to roll with the occasional issue -- and also accept they will likely have some clawed furniture and delightful hairball presents if they have cats, some barking and food raids from dogs, and the occasional bodily fluid/semi-fluid accident inside from any pet. And that life with hair is now the norm... :lol:

Yes I think -- as Stacy points out -- that people confuse normal dog behaviour with *bad* behaviour and don't realise that it is realistic expectations, plus the time and thought an owner puts into good management and training to get the dog you would like to have that makes all the difference in shaping or effectively addressing *normal* behaviour... :D

I do think far too many people forget they are getting a living animal with a dog, cat or other companion animal, not a celebrity-style cute accessory. Owners need to be able to roll with the occasional issue -- and also accept they will likely have some clawed furniture and delightful hairball presents if they have cats, some barking and food raids from dogs, and the occasional bodily fluid/semi-fluid accident inside from any pet. And that life with hair is now the norm... :lol:

Absolutely, I totally agree. I have parrots too and sometimes I think it's even worse in birds. Birds are incredibly messy, most (even some of the smaller species) are very loud and most bite if their boundaries and limits aren't respected. I also agree that the "issues" that many complain about are normal canine behaviors that come with the territory:)

Back