Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Cav Or Two? Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin my hubby said about getting a dog after the cat was no longer with us, well eight and a half years on I'd still be waiting!!Taylor bless her is heading for 18 and holding her own against kidney failure and other old age probs!!

Even though Barney is laid back and friendly I was a little worried bringing home a tiny puppy, eight years of being his own boss (apart from when Taylor pushes him around!!) For the first few weeks I was very careful to supervise carefully. No probs at all though )

I did tell the children that Barney would growl if Cassie over stepped the mark and not to tell him off as he needed to set boundaries and Cassie needed to feel her feet. They get on like a house on fire now and really complement eachother.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to add another slant, we had 2 male Cavaliers they were the best of friends but they only had one year between them (yes hindsight is a wonderful thing but the age gap was not big enough). We didn't have any problems until our youngest hit his "teens" and then we had fight after fight, to cut a long story short we had to rehome our eldest boy (luckily we had a great home available) and it was one of the worst experiences we have ever had to go through. Although both dogs are so much happier and we know it was the right thing to do I wish with hindsight that someone had warned us of the potential problems with more than one dog and we had never been in that position to begin with. I know that with most people it works out and we are just one of the unfortunate few but it was heartwrenching and I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what we went through

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My oldest daughter was thrilled at first, but then asked a couple weeks later when "the baby's mommy is coming to pick her up!"
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Been there done that !!!!

I think we all go through the will we won't we stage. We have ended up with two brothers from different litters and they are an absolute joy to behold,they play eat and sleep together, the sight of the two of then curled up snoring often gladdens our hearts.

Me ? it has to be two, if you have the room and the finances you'll end up with twice the love !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been thinking about adding another recently too. Ive read all the info but Im still mulling it over. Leo loves other dogs and Im sure another cavalier would be perfect.

The girls and I decided we would rather adopt a cav in similar age to Leo........puppy's are cute but the thought of all that hard work again

Ive been looking at foster sites.....so watch this space
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)