• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dougall MRI Tomorrow

I think the latest estimate is that 70% of Cavaliers are born with CM, which they have from birth but which obviously develops as the puppy grows. The foetal tissue research at the Royal Veterinary College is trying to find out exactly when and why it starts developing in unborn and newly-born puppies. Since not all that 70% have problems caused by their CM, I presume that it is the degree and position of the malformation which causes pain. CM doesn't necessarily lead on to SM, but it is rare for a dog with SM not to have CM as well.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thanks Kate, you beat me to it!!

There will be an update on the foetal tissue research at the CAVALIER HEALTH DAY 20th November 2010 at the Royal Veterinary College - more details on http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/start.html

This will be well worth attending - some fantastic speakers.

Back