• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My dog Scooby and Living with MVD

Just fantastic news, I've copied the last posts across to general chat so that more people see it and can share your joy :biggrin:

I just saw your thread this evening, and wanted to add my happy wishes for Scooby and you that he made it to his 9th birthday and you were able to enjoy your Christmas with him too b*n*n*.

Keeping you both in thought and prayer.

Thanks from me and Scooby

Hi ,

Yes scooby had a great day , he spent it with me , we had a small walk in the morning , kisses and cuddles all day , treats and then he was treated to chicken dinner for his tea.

He went to bed with a smile on his face and a full tummy :D

We live in the now and not the future with him and he has proved the vets wrong who wrote him off last year , hes my little fighter.

Sharon and Scooby XX

Thanks - He still capable of giving his mum a scare.....

Hi,

Thanks everyone for scooby's birthday wishes.......

We were awoken at 6am this morning with scooby yelping in the kitchen , me and my husband bolted down stairs to find scooby in his bed looking very stressed and he had wet his bed.......

His breathing was laboured so I quickly calmed him down and administered his heart medication to help him. Previously when this has happened he has quickly had a syncope episode but fortunately he didnt this time and I hope its thanks to his new medication hes been on for about 6 weeks.

Within another 40 minutes he had managed to be persuaded from his bed and my husband went outside with him while he had a wee. Then he came back in and wanted a biscuit and rodeo bar so I knew he was ok....

I called the vet and he thinks it was triggered by a muscle spasm which is common in older cavaliers around their hips/legs and this would have caused him pain and stress. I have been watching him like a hawk all day and probably wont sleep tonight,,,,

Fingers crossed hes ok.......

Sharon and Scooby....

Wow, this has been an emotional thread to read.

I have lost 2 dogs to MVD with the second one, although on medication deteriorated very rapidly. I just wish I or the vet that was trying to help him at the time knew about Vetmedin ..... seems like the miracle drug for dogs with MVD.

With my first Cav who went on to the ripe age of 15 ... it was a roller coaster ride. Waking each morning and holding your breath until you are sure she is breathing, waking her up from naps when you don't see her breathing (the getting that 'why did you wake me up look'), when coming home heaving a huge sigh of relief when you see her waiting with tail wagging when you open the door ......

Seems you really have the right attitude in living each day as it comes and showering Scooby with love .....

I sincerely hope you have lots more time with your boy .....

Thanks

Thanks Darlene for your kind words......

My little lad is still stable at the moment and not had anymore 'incidents' at the moment , we are going away this weekend and he is off to stay with his grandma and she will spoil him rotten.......

Sharon and Scooby

:eek:

Latest on Scooby - He has lost his bark......

Hi everyone,

The latest on my lad scooby is he is still stable at the moment , his cough has gone quite nasty and is a little more frequent.

The one thing I have noticed is that he doesn't bark anymore????? I dont think he can because his cough and breathing wont support it........

Iam so glad he is still here and hes still happy and eating well , its just every little bit of him I lose like his bark is MVD taking one more part of his personality....

He still gives great kisses and cuddles so its not taken that from him

Sharon and Scooby XXX

So pleased he is still with you, albeit struggling a bit :(

It's sad as it must feel like you are losing little bits of him :( but how wonderful that he still loves his cuddles, and is obviously still creating precious memories :l*v:

He's obviously still enjoying life and his dinner!!

Thank you so much for the update, we often think of you.

Right out the blue scooby barked at me today - I cried !!

Hi All,

Thanks for all your kind words about scooby it means alot to us.

Just thought I would tell you me and him were outside today and when I was getting up to come back into the house scooby got all excited and started to bark and he didnt cough once ....... I cried my eyes out as I thought that part of him had gone its been so long since I heard him bark I thought he couldnt.....

Thats my little fighter :D

Love Sharon and Scooby XX

Yay, what a great news!! I've been reading your posts and so happy to hear that Scooby is doing well get his bark back cl*p Keep us updated and thinking of you both often, miracles do happen :eek:

Thanks - He had another Syncope episode last night

:(

Hi All,

Right out the blue last night scooby had another syncope fainting episode , I noticed his breathing was a little bit laboured and when I went into the kitchen he followed and went to the door. I let him out and he went for a wee , I followed him and then he yelped and went over on his side . I shouted for a husband who came out and we got him back conscious after about a minute and my husband carried him into the house where he came round properly but was a little subdued.

These syncope episode are a real reality check , we are slowly losing the fight against scoobys illness as my husband said one day he will collapse and wont come back.......

Speak Soon

Sharon and Scooby

XX

I am sorry you are all going through this. My thoughts are with you and Scooby. :hug:

Back