• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wish Me Luck

Brian M

Hi

Another young tortoiseshell cat turned up a couple of weeks ago and joined our other gang at meal times ,it only looks a kitten and is a bit timid but just over a week ago Joy pointed out that it looks as though its carrying .So a week last Friday I phoned The Local RSPCA to see about a cat trap but they had none till Monday ,so Monday mid morning off I went and got the trap and Young Josephine turned up for tea but :yikes looking a lot slimmer, she had had her kittens that day and hidden them ,so cat trap went back and now we wait .But on Friday afternoon we spotted her moving them to a warmer indoors place so back to the RSPCA went I today and cat trap in the car ready for tomorrow when we think we should have a good chance of getting them all.If we do get them the RSPCA will let them stay for 4/5 weeks till the kits are independent and then get homes for them all and mum if shes a bit feral she can come back to us and our little colony with Big Ginger ,Little Fluff ,Big Fluff ,Tiddles ,Tufty 1 and Tufty 2 ,Big Socks and Short Socks and Josephine and Spud the black and white tom from next door who I will catch and get him de-knockered as we think hes the culprit .

So pls wish me good luck for tomorrow in catching Young Josephine and her three black and white babies .:eek:

Hi

Thanks Pauline . Well arrived at work at 7.30 AM cat trap and tin of tuna and not a blxxxx sign of them ,we think over yhe weekend Mum has moved them so we just wait .:(

Hi Pauline

The plan is to get Mum once we know where she has stashed the kittens who are now 8 days old then take them all to Cross Lane where they will kee them all together as a family unit .They will find then find them all homes and Mum will be spayed and if they cant get Mum a home she will come back to our little community and stay with us were at least I feed them all 365/365 and theres places of warmth like my seat and my desk. :)

Hi

The lads have just moved two packs of ply by the corner where they may be hiding and I got on my knees and with a torch shone under two pallets of steel rapid tie and looking back at me with her babes was Mum .:rah::rah::rah:

So the trap is now set with a trail of Whiskas in graving leading in ,so everything crossed pls ladies .And if I get them too late in the day to take to Cross lane they can come and stay with me overnight ,and Pauline I shall try and take some pics .:)

Good luck.

We had a feral cat who had kittens last year - she came back to us spayed and we went onto feed her and look after her. She has now been successfully re-homed with one of our employees:)

Good luck Bri! I bet youre having a ball watching them & yes i second Pauline on her request for pics plse when youve safely got them sorted:)

As you know we have a street full of feral cats that we all feed,last week a lady got someone to collect new kittens,mum kept hiding them so the man came back for a week until he safely got them & since then another litter has been born to a beauty who's little more than a baby herself so they'll be picked up soon. Id love to have one myself but not whilst we live here-wouldnt it just keep going back to its family outside? Our jelly would love to be pals with them all & even Rubes gets excited to see them but of course they dont let my girls get a sniff before theyre off! Ive promised Jels she shall have her own kitten when we (can afford!) to move

HI

:rah::rah::rah::rah:

Hurray its the lads lunch hour ,so out myself moved loads of timber out put a coat down on my back and just reached them and one ,two,three ,four and five and Mum was there right by them and let me .Then I tempted Mum out with some food grabbed her and in she went so now off to cross lane .Mission Accomplished .:):):)

Well done Brian, that's fantastic. I'm sure the kittens will easily find homes and let's hope Mum is young enough to be tamed and find a lovely home too.

Hi

Just back they will all be well looked after in purpose built pens in the warmth and lots of food .The Manageress is happy homes will easily be found for all including Mum who is friendly and only a kitten herself .

Three black and white and one tortoiseshell and the ubiquitous ginger ,but no idea of sex of the babies.

5113767561_ab6a98c670_b.jpg

5113771405_cb49bdca2a_b.jpg

5113772447_aa26492e2b_b.jpg

5113773331_0a3fc7854b_b.jpg

5113774299_5dc5b3a33d_b.jpg

Brian, YOU ARE A STAR :pi*no::pi*no::pi*no::pi*no:

So good that mum and babies will be cosy and fed. It's getting cold and it's getting near that horrible firework season, so its good to know all will be well in they're world.

I really do believe that the word is out there in cat world, that if a cat's down on its luck then it's told to drop into your yard and they'll be looked after. (y)

The wee ginger is going to be a character and a half - you can see it in the expression already :D

Mum is very beautiful, I'm sure it won't be long until she finds a home - poor wee mite, only a baby herself :(

I always had cats for years, but hubby isn't a cat person - I can't complain, I have a houseful of Cavaliers and a garden full of chickens LOL When I'm too decrepit to have dogs any more, I will have cats again...

:rolleyes: next week??

Well done Brian for rescueing Mum and kittens, thank heavens they will now get lovely new homes. Re sex, the tortoishell kitten will be a girl, the ginger will most likely be a boy as its very rare to get a ginger female but the black/white could be either.

I have been missing all the excitement. :( Well done Brian for rescuing this little family. You must be feeling pleased with yourself, I know I would be cl*p

Well done brian!! My Torty is a girl, apparently they always are :)) Didn't know about gingers though, I suppose you learn something new every day

Well done Brian! Mommy is so pretty! I'm sure her and the babies will be in wonderful loving homes in no time! =)

Back