• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The wonders of the internet

Bet

I am on another Cavalier Forum Abroad, and just thought I would give a wee Mention of the SM Seminar Two weeks ago, and what had happened at it.

As a Result ,a number of the Forum Members ,have now had concerns about their Cavaliers and the Symptoms they were showing, had taken them to their Vets, but the Vets said it was Allergies .

Some-body else gave Links for SM and the PDE TV FILM ,and this has been watched ,and now some Cavalier Owners have made Appointments for their Cavaliers to be being MRI Scanned.

What has though , Made My Day, is a Post from a Forum Member saying that ,after watching the PDE Film ,that All Cavalier Breeders should show a Certificate Showing that the Cavaliers Parents are Free of SM.

It is great that the PDE TV FILM is still having an Influence on the Cavalier World To-day ,Two years later after it was Shown on TV.

Bet

I know many have mentioned here, and I have received many private emails too stating this, that people finally got a correct SM diagnosis after they watched Pedigree Dogs Exposed and their suspicions were raised about their cavalier's 'funny habits', unexplained pain or scratching, or persistent 'allergies'. That means many individual dogs have a better quality of life now and are getting the treatment they need.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, you can google it and find a few places that have it online including YouTube.

THE WONDERS OF THE INTERNET

I have just gone onto the Link that Rod has given and Printed off what an Article on it has said about our Cavaliers and SM

It is a condition which occurs when a Dogs Skull is is too Small for it's Brain.

Also is mentioned ,that in the UK, £10 million is spent on Vets' Fees each Week.

This really has shocked me.

This links in with what I was Posting about the Cavalier Buying Public to be made aware about the Two Serious Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed ,SM and MVD , and what the Medication for them can cost Cavalier Owners,...

That when buying a Cavalier ,only buy from a Cavalier Breeder who Health Tests and follows the Breeding Guideline Recommendations for their Cavalier Breeding Stock for SM and MVD, and ask for Proof that this is being done.

Bet

...It is a condition which occurs when a Dogs Skull is is too Small for it's Brain. ...

I probably shouldn't be the one to say this, Bet, but don't believe everything you read on the Internet. I think the current theory is that the in the SM-Cavalier embryo, the hindbrain keeps growing after the skull stops. Whether the brain stops growing too soon or the brain keeps growing too long, or a combination of the two, is not yet clear. I would rely upon the published journal articles, rather than on a comment by a writer on topdocumentaryfilms.com who probably was only trying to interpret the gist of what PDE was asserting.

The WONDERS OF THE INTERNET

I probably shouldn't be the one to say this, Bet, but don't believe everything you read on the Internet. I think the current theory is that the in the SM-Cavalier embryo, the hindbrain keeps growing after the skull stops. Whether the brain stops growing too soon or the brain keeps growing too long, or a combination of the two, is not yet clear. I would rely upon the published journal articles, rather than on a comment by a writer on topdocumentaryfilms.com who probably was only trying to interpret the gist of what PDE was asserting.

THE WONDERS OF THE INTERNET

What-ever the Article said, the Bottom Line for those Two Serious Health Problems Afflicting Cavaliers to-day ,SM and MVD, the help will only come from the Finding of the Genes for those Two Conditions and included from this will in turn be found the Carriers.

In the mean-time ,the best that can be done till this happens is for the Cavalier Buying Public to be being made aware about those Health Problems ,and be being advised as to the cost of the Medication for them,and only buy Cavaliers from Cavalier Breeders who are Health Testing and following the Breeding Guideline Recommendations from the CKCS CLUB and the Researchers Researching SM and MVD, and be shown the Proof ,before buying a Cavalier that this is being done by the Cavalier Breeder.

Bet

Back