• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly Coaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teresa

I have just read on another forum that Molly is very very poorly :(( I have only met her once properly and found her to be a lovely friendly lady.
I just wanted to say my thoughts are with her and her family...

I have just read on another forum that Molly is very very poorly :(( I have only met her once properly and found her to be a lovely friendly lady.
I just wanted to say my thoughts are with her and her family...

It's a bit worse than that.
[edited to remove a little personal detail by admin; only as I cannot verify that the family are comfortable having details leading up to her hospitalisation posted at this time so would like to leave just the basic information so that people are aware of the immediate situation. (y)]

Heather has taken the dogs back home, while John and Anne are at or on their way to Walsall. There is a kennel helper there to look after the dogs. I think he is the same lad from Plymouth that I met and talked with at length five years or so ago who I thought so solid and reliable and a lover of dogs too.

Molly was one of the first doyens of the breed who I met when I first started showing in the South West many years ago. She was a very great lady, always interested in everyone and their dogs and a mine of information on all things Cavalier. I suppose she was part of the furniture as they say - always there - always pleased to see everyone in her quiet and unassuming way and someone I will miss so much. :(

Oh that's really sad to hear :(:( Some of my dogs have gone back to her wonderful lines, she is a very well known name in Cavaliers and has bred many gorgeous dogs over the years. Kennel name is Homerbrent for those who might not know.

Oh that's really sad to hear :(:( Some of my dogs have gone back to her wonderful lines, she is a very well known name in Cavaliers and has bred many gorgeous dogs over the years. Kennel name is Homerbrent for those who might not know.

All my dogs go back to hers to Nicki. Perhaps her greatest dog of all was Ch Homeranne Caption, who until recently held the record for the most proflific sire of Cavalier champions.

Molly was always pleased to see Easter, my very special golden oldie who won so much. At the time it was often difficult to make up a worthwhile number to mount a Toy Veteran class. When I complained to her about the lack of interest one day, she told me that I should stick at it just as she and a few others had to to get a single Cavalier class at shows in the old days.

Of course she was right, and now most of the toy veterans these days are Cavaliers. Last time I showed Rebel in veteran recently the only four competitors in the Toy Veteran class were Cavaliers.

Of course Molly judged the dogs at the Midland Championship show last year. It was obvious how much she enjoyed the engagement. The veteran dog entry was 17 if I remember correctly. While I had Rebel on the table for her, I quietly remarked how different it was from the old days and got a very big grin in return.

Thank you for posting this Flo, it's lovely to read stories like this about a very special person :D

Rupert [for whom Rupert's Fund was named] went back to Caption too!

Our thoughts are with Molly's family and friends :flwr:

Last edited:
It's so sad! I didn't know her as I said but I wish I had! When I met her she was interested in Cassie, she was very pleased when her puppy won best puppy at Exeter this year.
Reading what has been writen about her has bought tears to my eyes :(

Barneys' dad was Homerbrent Expression and he's in Cassies pedigree too, I really enjoyed researching her dogs and seeing pics of them. I am proud to tell people when I see them about the lovely breeder, Molly Coaker and her Homerbrent dogs...

Molly coaker

It's so sad! I didn't know her as I said but I wish I had! When I met her she was interested in Cassie, she was very pleased when her puppy won best puppy at Exeter this year.
Reading what has been writen about her has bought tears to my eyes :(

Barneys' dad was Homerbrent Expression and he's in Cassies pedigree too, I really enjoyed researching her dogs and seeing pics of them. I am proud to tell people when I see them about the lovely breeder, Molly Coaker and her Homerbrent dogs...

MOLLY COAKER

I met up with Molly around 20 years ago, when I was collecting the Ages of Long Lived Cavaliers.

Even although I was only a Cavalier Pet Owner, she always had time to Spend with me. Infact she sent me a Lot of Information about her Breeding of Cavaliers.

It was Molly who mentioned to me about giving Vitamin E for the Cavaliers' Heart Trouble, and always gave it to her In-Whelp Bitches ,mentioning that it could give the chance of having stronger Puppies.

We gave MAGS (Marigold ) a Home in her later years, she lived to 15 with no sign of Heart Trouble when she died.

She was a CH Homaranne Caption Daughter.

I know that Caption always pulled Molly into the centre of the Ring when waiting to be Placed , Mags ,would embarrass me doing the Same.

The Cavalier Breed has lost a Wonderful Lady.

Bet

So upset to hear this news.
One of my dogs was by Ch Homaranne Andy Capp, Molly's Daughter Anne held that Affix but he lived at Molly's.

I spent a lovely Sunday with her along with Barbara Reece, she made us Sunday Dinner, roast lamb if I remember and I upset a whole jug of mint sauce all over the lovely dinner table cloth:sl*p:
How awful for the family to have to go through having the life support turned off.
Thoughts are with them all.
Nanette

Like many people here. I didn't know Molly Coaker personally, but all my Cavaliers have had many Homerbrent dogs in their pedigrees. They always have such beautiful - and unmistakable - heads, and Molly was one of the top breeders who scanned her stock, and also, I believe, followed the MVD protocol. I saw her often at shows and she was always smiling and chatting to people, and very gentle with the dogs and friendly to exhibitors when judging. It really is the end of an era, and this sudden crisis must be so hard for her family.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I'm very sorry to read this news, as Molly Coaker will always be very special to me even though we never met.

My beloved tricolor littermates, Kilspindie Capercailzie and Kilspindie Caprice, were out of Homerbrent Lace Cap. Tracy was out of Andy Capp, a famous tricolor out of Captivation (also dam of Caption).

My Capers and Caprice were born in 1990, and Caprice lived to 16 and Capers lived to 16 1/2. I lost Caprice to intestinal lymphoma, and I lost Capers to quality of life issues when he became blind and deaf and developed profound senile dementia. Capers will always be my most beloved boy, and I think of him every single day.

Pat

Bet I know Expression had a lovely long life, I'm hoping for the same for Barney, at 8.5 years old no obvious murmour is fab!!!
I doubt many with a Cav haven't heard of Molly and the Homerbrent line!! She is a legend!!

I am so sorry to hear this. Her name is so well known in association with cavaliers and my two Irish dogs go back to her lines as well.

The thread on the other forum has been closed, I hope I didn't do the wrong thing starting this one, the memories people have shared are lovely!

Again, my thoughts are with her and her family and friends...xx

I shouldn't worry Teresa - after all, we got our real information from Flo, and it's public knowledge now. I expect the other forum want to open a proper 'Book of Remembrance', where people can share their memories of Mrs Coaker, when more is known about the circumstances.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I shouldn't worry Teresa - after all, we got our real information from Flo, and it's public knowledge now. I expect the other forum want to open a proper 'Book of Remembrance', where people can share their memories of Mrs Coaker, when more is known about the circumstances.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Update on Molly

Apparently the reports of Molly's death were premature and mistaken. [details removed by admin]
I am relieved to see that in fact Molly is now breathing on her own, but the next three days will be critical. Your thoughts and prayers are requested.

Last night I asked members of four different local churches to add Molly's name to their prayer lists. Maybe miracles do happen after all :rah:

I understand some family and friends have been distressed by widely posted reports that their loved one had passed away when this was not the case, and also the continuing detailed discussion of a medical situation where details are of the type that family and close friends would generally consider private. It is easy to forget when talking to friends and colleagues on a forum or email list that such locations are actually not closed rooms with private talks amongst a small circle of intimates, but public forums.

Out of respect, I don't feel it is appropriate to go into the specifics of the case or what did or didn't happen at this time. Therefore I have removed detail I don't feel we have the right to be discussing without family permission or unless directly made by very close personal friends and with the OK of the family. I know many people do mean well and there's a wish to keep others informed about what is happening. Still -- such specific discussions can be very upsetting to personal friends and family, and are inappropriate here.

At heart however, this thread is about many different people all over the world caring about an individual who remains gravely ill, who most may never have met but who many of us know in close and valued association to the breed and its history. And as Flo says, someone who, along with her family, would benefit from people's thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. Please keep comments focused on this angle rather than specifics of the medical situation or how news was passed around. :flwr:

Thank you for the updates - what a tragic situation for the family, and I'm so sad that we may have unwittingly added to their distress :(:(

Molly is truly amazing to be battling on - and we really hope for a good outcome for her. Our thoughts are with her and her family at this time. :flwr:

Molly coaker

Thank you for the updates - what a tragic situation for the family, and I'm so sad that we may have unwittingly added to their distress :(:(

Molly is truly amazing to be battling on - and we really hope for a good outcome for her. Our thoughts are with her and her family at this time. :flwr:

MOLLY COAKER

I so agree with Karlin and Nicki's Posts,

Hopefully, her Family wiil get a bit of Comfort, to know that Molly's Many ,Many Friends World Wide, have her in their Thoughts at this time.

Bet

We had a similar happening on my obedience forum earlier this year, and the speed with which news can circulate on the internet can be a mixed blessing. The important thing now is to support Molly and her family and pray for a good outcome. The wave of affection and respect that has come from all over the world can only help. Please keep us updated, Flo.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back