• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

News: Cavaliers #2 breed for making insurance claims

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.easier.com/79945-sainsburys-pet-insurance-handbag-dogs.html

The most popular "handbag" size pedigree breeds insured by Sainsbury’s Pet Insurance is the King Charles Spaniel, followed by the West Highland White Terrier and then the Jack Russell Terrier.

More than a quarter (28.4%) of the Pugs insured made a claim in 2009, making this the breed with the highest number of claims. The second highest was the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, where 17.6% of policy holders had to make a claim.

Hand bag sized!!!!

It would have to be a flippin big handbag for my Leo to fit in:fool:

Barney is more suitcase size!! LOL!! He is the size of a small Cocker Spaniel :))
Cassie is smaller, thankfully as she rolled yet again in the biggest horse poo she could find this morning and has just had a bath!!

Yes that made me laugh too. Only Tansy would possibly fit in a handbag and it would have to be a Lady Bracknell sized one.

I actually did carry my first Cavalier around in a suitcase! I had him in South Africa and dogs weren't allowed on Johannesburg buses, so with no car I had to find some way of sneaking him onto the bus. I bought a large mock leather zipped bag (what used to be called a carpet bag), got the local cobbler to make plenty of holes in it (got some odd looks there!) and Charlie happily jumped in and settled down and got carried on and off buses. Got some odd looks there, too, when this bag with holes in it started moving around when Charlie changed position! But we travelled all over Jo'burg, mainly to shows and on walks. Meg, my next Cavalier, also travelled happily in it.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Ha ha! Glad to hear others out there have big Cavaliers. Gatsby is a veritable giant in the Cavalier world. Good thing he's not a bully! :)

Kate your story made me smile!! I think Cavaliers seem smaller in general...Barney isn't fat but seems more substantial than some of the boys these days!!

What worries me about this statement by Sainsburys is that the pet insurance companies will list Cavaliers as one of the breed that has its premiums loaded. The hikes by Pet Plan are bad enough. :(

I stopped insuring with Sainsburys last year - I claimed £500 for an X-ray and three visits to a neurologist for Oliver and they almost doubled my premium and the excess (and still excluded his SM). They've obviously decided any Cavalier is going to eat into their profits...

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back