• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The difference of cavalier heads over the years

Bet

There has been a Recent mention of

KOBBA OF KORANDA

He was born in 1927 ,and in Mrs Evelyn Booth's Book, Published 1983, she mentioned him,saying he was a Lovely B/T ,whose Sweet Head would be the Envy of Many Present Day Breeders of Black and Tans..

He was the only B/T to be used as a Foundation Sire.

If , as Mrs Booth has written ,his Sweet Head would be the Envy of Many Present Day Breeders of B/Ts,and remember this was written in 1983, and many Cavalier Breeders claim that Kobba Of Koranda's Head is just like what the Heads of Cavaliers are like in to-day's Cavaliers ,did the Alteration in Cavalier Heads start around the 1990's, and has been said by Experts that there has been the Minaturization of the Cavalier Breed.

It must mean that the Heads of Cavaliers differed from the 1930's to the late 1980's .

Bet

Although I hesitate to differ from Evelyn Booth, I do think her remark needs to be taken in context. Black and tans often seem to be the Cavaliers that throw back most to Charlies - many of them have pretty awful heads. Kobba of Koranda's may be a good head for a B/T, but it is still quite domed, with a deep stop and not an overlong muzzle. If his colour was red and white, and he was compared to other Blenheims of his day, I don't think it would look nearly as attractive.

Incidentally, I've been reading the Homes' new book on Cavalier history, and there's an interesting quote: 'the veterinary surgeons are complaining that as a breed with a wonderful history of soundness we are not being careful enough' - that was Amice Pitt writing in the Club year book in 1966!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Although I hesitate to differ from Evelyn Booth, I do think her remark needs to be taken in context. Black and tans often seem to be the Cavaliers that throw back most to Charlies - many of them have pretty awful heads. Kobba of Koranda's may be a good head for a B/T, but it is still quite domed, with a deep stop and not an overlong muzzle. If his colour was red and white, and he was compared to other Blenheims of his day, I don't think it would look nearly as attractive.

Incidentally, I've been reading the Homes' new book on Cavalier history, and there's an interesting quote: 'the veterinary surgeons are complaining that as a breed with a wonderful history of soundness we are not being careful enough' - that was Amice Pitt writing in the Club year book in 1966!

Kate, Oliver and Aled[/Quote

THE DIFFERENCE of CAVALIER HEADS OVER THE YEARS

If I could mention what was said by Katie Eldred in a Recent Post on a Cavalier Forum.

That for her,the HOMERBRENT CAVALIERS had Beautiful and Recognizable Correct Heads.

When it has been mentioned that Vets had said in 1966 about the Wonderful History of Soundness of the Cavalier Breed, what has gone wrong since then.

Is the reason beacuse of what Mrs A. Pitt wrote in the UK CKCS CLUB Bulletin 1962.?

That all all the Pedigrees go back to Ann's Son.

In most Breeds the Different Breeders have their own Strains with Different Ancestors,but with the Cavalier Breed,there is not the Benefit of Changes of Blood .

She Said ,we can wander a little ,to the Right or Left,but every time we get back to ANN'S SON.

That Cannonhill Richey,and his Sire were Plantation Banjo were used without Thought for the Future.

Mrs A. Pitt said in 1962, that the Cavaliers were Sound and Sensible as they undoubtably are ,after so many Generations after so much Close Breeding, BUT ,and this is a Very BIG BUT ,are to-day's Cavaliers now Paying the Penalty with their Health Problems of SM and MVD as a Result of the early In- Breeding and continued In-Breeding in our Cavaliers in the 1970's ,when Mothers were Mated to Sons , Fathers to Daughters ,and Brothers to Sisters .

In the 1980's there were still Half Brother to Half Sister Matings being carried out.

Did those Cavaliers have the Genes for SM and MVD ,but it was the continued In-Breeding in the 1980's that brought them to-gether and has caused the Cavaliers to be in the Mess it is to-day with SM and MVD?

Bet

kobba of

There has been a Recent mention of

KOBBA OF KORANDA

He was born in 1927 ,and in Mrs Evelyn Booth's Book, Published 1983, she mentioned him,saying he was a Lovely B/T ,whose Sweet Head would be the Envy of Many Present Day Breeders of Black and Tans..

He was the only B/T to be used as a Foundation Sire.

If , as Mrs Booth has written ,his Sweet Head would be the Envy of Many Present Day Breeders of B/Ts,and remember this was written in 1983, and many Cavalier Breeders claim that Kobba Of Koranda's Head is just like what the Heads of Cavaliers are like in to-day's Cavaliers ,did the Alteration in Cavalier Heads start around the 1990's, and has been said by Experts that there has been the Minaturization of the Cavalier Breed.

It must mean that the Heads of Cavaliers differed from the 1930's to the late 1980's .

Bet
here a photo of Kobbo of Koranda
kobba of kuranda.jpg

Back