• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sad News

ByFloSin

It has been formally announced that Molly Coaker died in her sleep, in hospital, at 8.20 this morning. She had been improving day by day until now.

This is indeed a sad and terrible loss for both her family and the Cavalier world in general.

R.I.P. kind and gentle lady, knowing how much you will be missed.:(

RIP Molly, so sad to hear this news.... My thoughts, love and prayers are with your family and friends today..xx

Thanks so much for this information, Flo. So very sad, but it sounds as if it was a gentle passing. :flwr: She was certainly a legend in cavalier circles over many decades.

Such sad news.

A legend in the Cavalier World and also extremely successful as a Japanese Chin Breeder & Exhibitor.

I have a little Chin that I co-owned with Molly. The sweetest little dog. She was very generous and very encouraging to me.

She will be greatly missed.

Sad news

Such sad news.

A legend in the Cavalier World and also extremely successful as a Japanese Chin Breeder & Exhibitor.

I have a little Chin that I co-owned with Molly. The sweetest little dog. She was very generous and very encouraging to me.

She will be greatly missed.

SAD NEWS

Molly has touched so many Lives, even us Cavalier Pet Owners have Lovely Memories of Molly.

Bet

I doubt many with a Cavalier, pet or show haven't heard of Molly Coaker and the Homerbrent dogs, as I have read from someone else, Molly was a legend in her own lifetime!! I have always been proud to say Barney had a Homerbrent sire. A huge loss for her family and the Cavalier as a breed...xx

Sad news

I doubt many with a Cavalier, pet or show haven't heard of Molly Coaker and the Homerbrent dogs, as I have read from someone else, Molly was a legend in her own lifetime!! I have always been proud to say Barney had a Homerbrent sire. A huge loss for her family and the Cavalier as a breed...xx

SAD NEWS

There will be so many on this List with HOMERBRENT and HOMARANNE Cavaliers in their Cavaliers' Pedigree Back-grounds,could I in Memory of Molly give the ages of her Long Lived Cavaliers that I know about ,many were given to me by Molly herself.

Ch HOMARANNE CAPTION 15.

His Sire, Australian Ch HOMERBRENT HENRY 16.

GOLDIE OF HOMERBRENT ,our MAGS, a CAPTION Daughter 15.

Ch. HEIDI of HOMERBRENT 14.

HOMERBRENT MIRANDA of MERRYLAINE 14.

HOMERBRENT NOLANA 14.

Ch HOMERBRENT SAMANTHA 13.5.

HOMERBRENT RHUM LASS at least 12.

HOMARANNE NINA RICCI at least 12.

Ch HOMARANNE ANDY CAPP 12.

HOMERBRENT HONESTY of CRAIGOWL 12.

Ch HOMERBRENT LINDY LOU 12.

Ch HOMERBRENT BEWITCHED 15.

HOMERBRENT JIMMY CRICKET 16.

HOMERBRENT MARGUARITE of MERRYLAINE 15.

HOMERBRENT MIRANDA 14.

HOMERBRENT SHIRLEY of DALVRECK 14.

HOMARANNE WALTZER 12

HOMERBRENT MADELINE 13.

Ch HOMERBRENT DEVON LASS Nearly 14.

HOMARANNE JINGLE BELLS of RICKSBURY 14.

HOMERBRENT LETHERIC 14.5.

HOMERBRENT EASTER HYMN 16.8months.

Ch HOMERBRENT HIGH DAY 14.

Ch HOMERBRENT TRADITION at least 14.

Ch HOMERBRENT ILLUSION at least 12.

PAMELA of HOMERBRENT 15.

Ch CRAIGOWL STORM of HOMERBRENT 16.

Ch CRAIGOWL CASHMERE of HOMERBRENT nearly 15 .

Ch CRAIGOWL HOPSCOTCH of HOMERBRENT 15.9 months.

If any-one knows of other Long Lived HOMERBRENT and HOMARANNE Cavaliers, perhaps you could add them to this List as a Tribute to Molly.

Bet

Very sad news and a great loss to the cavalier world. My thoughts are with her family at this very said time. My young pup Ollie has Homerbrent in his pedigree and I hope Bet that he will live as long as some of the Homerbrent dogs you mention.

Our thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time.

Ch Homerbrent Expression went to the bridge in April of this year at age 14.
His sire Ch Homerbrent Illusion will be 18 this December.

Looking through my cavaliers' pedigrees,Holly is a great granddaughter of Exhiliration.
Daisy is a great granddaughter of Homerbrent Waltzer and a great great granddaughter of his on the dam's pedigree.

Sins

I can add to you list of Ch Homeranne Caption's grand and gg grand children Bet.

I had the delight of owning and bred the last two:

Brydorstan Peter Piper who lived to 16 yrs 10 mths - grandson, gr. 5 mvd @ 8 yrs
Jemima of Woodhouse lived to 15 yrs - grand daughter with Caption both sides and mvd clear throughout her life
Woodhouse Peppercorn lived to 13 yrs 5 mths, daughter of the above, arythmic beat diagnosed @ 12 yrs
ByFloSin Jemimah's Swan Song my beloved veteran, also daughter of above, clear of mvd to 12.5 yrs, lived to 15 yrs

Molly was always pleased to see my Easter in Veteran classes at show. She was even placed 2nd and above the veteran Molly showed in the same class on the same day at Devon County Show. Molly was the first to say 'well done' and was always pleased to see Easter being shown. She often told me she Easter owed her fitness and longevity to ggf Caption.:rah:

My thoughts are with Molly's family and close friends at the very sad time

my boy Faulklea Fire'n'ice (aka tyler ) is a great great great grandson to ch Homerbrent Illusion

Sadly, I don't seem to have any Homerbrents in my dogs' ancestry, but I did see Molly Coaker at some of the Malvern shows in the past. I was always so impressed with the way that she concentrated on her dogs in the ring - talking to them, encouraging them, grooming and wiping eyes etc. Not for her the tendency to "gas" with other exhibitors while dogs stand disconsolately at the end of their leads!!

My heartfelt sympathy to her family and close friends. From all the wonderful tributes that have been pouring in, she will indeed be very much missed, but her legacy will live on in her beloved Cavaliers and their progeny.

Rest in Peace, dear lady, and thank you for all you did for our beloved breed.

Bloomingroses.gif
Bloomingroses.gif

The memories shared about Molly are lovely...I wished I had known her personally...

My eight year old Barney sire was Homerbrent Expression, That makes his Grandfather Illusion. His mum was Diana Dor of Homerbrent, her Father was Homerbrent Denzil.
Cassie my 9 moth old great grandfather is Am.Ch Homerbrent Esquire which makes Illusion her great great great grandfather.

I didn't realise when I bought Barney what a fabulous pedigree he had and never thought to show him!! He is the most wonderful, beautiful despite having mild SM he is healthy, his heart is sound and he will be nine next April.

I feel I have lots to thank Molly for....xx

My puppies' [now 17 months old] Great Great Great Grandsire was Ch Homerbrent Festival born 03 Jan 1985

Rupert had Homerbrent behind him on both sides:

Festival was his Great Great Grandsire [I hadn't actually realised that he was related to the puppies until tonight (y)] on his dam's side, GB Ch Homaranne Caption born 13 Jun 1976 was his Great Great Great Grandsire

My Fillipa [d. 2003] Grandsire was Caption; Great Great Grandsire GB Ch Homaranne Andy Capp 16 Nov 1973

My long term foster, Fufu - her Grandsire was Festival. She was dam to Cruz and Jack, so they go back to Homerbrent too.

I think many of us have a lot to thank Molly for - she was also an inspiration to many people in the breed.

She will be sadly missed, and my thoughts are with her family at this sad time.

Back