• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I've updated the videos part of my SM site

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/video/videos.html

I finally was able to embed videos (though need to clean the page up so they are the same size...) and also have added some links to publicly posted videos that very helpfully show a range of symptoms. Included is a new link to Linderbelle's excellent and detailed video of her Abbey. :flwr: I have been really behind on updating the site -- was having some issues with the eay they auto publish feature had changed on a new version of the software so couldn't upload updates. I have a lot of new material I want to get up over the coming weeks.

I cannot thank people enough who take the time to upload videos of affected dogs as this probably more than anything else helps others get a diagnosis on what may seem to be a total mystery condition. It really helps to see what affected dogs do.

It is saddening that now there are so many videos available online though from people with affected cavaliers. Search 'syringomyelia' and all the videos are of cavaliers, not other breeds...

I've Updated the Videos Part of my SM Site

http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/video/videos.html

I finally was able to embed videos (though need to clean the page up so they are the same size...) and also have added some links to publicly posted videos that very helpfully show a range of symptoms. Included is a new link to Linderbelle's excellent and detailed video of her Abbey. :flwr: I have been really behind on updating the site -- was having some issues with the eay they auto publish feature had changed on a new version of the software so couldn't upload updates. I have a lot of new material I want to get up over the coming weeks.

I cannot thank people enough who take the time to upload videos of affected dogs as this probably more than anything else helps others get a diagnosis on what may seem to be a total mystery condition. It really helps to see what affected dogs do.

It is saddening that now there are so many videos available online though from people with affected cavaliers. Search 'syringomyelia' and all the videos are of cavaliers, not other breeds...

I've Updated the Videos Part of my SM Site

Karlin,

Can I just say that for Buyers of Cavaliers to see those Videos ,will bring it home to them ,what a Terrible Disease this is.

This way ,hopefully those Buyers will understand how Important it is for Cavalier Breeders to be MRI Scanning their Cavalier Breeding Stock, and to be following the Breeding Guideline Recommendations ,and for the Buyers of Cavaliers to ask to see Proof that this is being done.

I was shocked to read a Post from a Cavalier Breeder ,that it is known that some Cavalier Breeders have produced 100% Unaffected Pups with no Tests .

How do they know this without MRI Scans .

And to add , all that we are doing is keeping a Lot of Researchers employed it was claimed !!!!

How will the SM problem ever improve with an Attitude like this from some Cavalier Breeders.

All I can say is ,don't let the SM Problem go the way that the MVD Problem has gone in our Cavalier Breed ,where now the Experts say that 50% of Cavaliers aged 5-6 have a Heart Murmur, and it is now possible that there could be so many Cavaliers Carriers around ,that this is the Reason why the MVD Problem is not getting any better in our Cavalier Breed.

So I sure do believe that the only way for the SM Problem to be being Helped in Cavaliers ,is by Focusing Minds to show what it is like.

Bet

Back