• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Plastic Dog Tags

KCB

Have bought metallic type tags but they are useless. Have lovely ones from pettrace really good quality and as the two tags rub against each other the metallic one is no longer legible. So can anyone tell me where I can get good quality plastic tags here in Ireland or in UK. Nearly all the sites are in US and postage will be expensive.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Try this company

http://www.identitag.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=5

I have their brass tags and they last for years - the engraving is highlighted with black and they are still very clear even after rubbing against another metal tag. I would guess that hte plastic ones are also good quality.

Legally you are required to put your name and address on the tag. Don't put your dog's name on the tag.

We put our surname, address, home and mobile telephone numbers, ideally your vet's number too.

If microchipped [and EVERY dog should be chipped] you can possibly include the words ID chipped and the number for them, or just keep the tag for that on his collar. I quite like having the two tags so that it jangles and I know where they are!!

I had metal tags done by the local Timpsons man a year or 18 months ago. I would have thought the engraving would have lasted forever, but it has all faded, so they all need doing again.

Whatever happened to craftsmanship and durability:confused: Value for money seems to be obsolete too, as they were about a fiver each - not cheap at £25 for five with just my surname and mobile number on each.

Of course they are all microchipped, so any official scanning them would be able to contact me.

P.S. The West Midlands Police recommend that only the surname of the owner and a telephone number are engraved on any discs, despite the more comprehensive details required by law.

Last edited:
I have been intending to get new dog tags for a while now, so this post is very timely. I have just ordered new ones from www.identitag.co.uk - their postage price to Ireland is very reasonable just £1. I love the leads and collars on the other website - www.spottiedog.co.uk think I will have to get the boys to write to Santa soon :p

BoomerangTags

I always buy tags from www.boomerangtags.com - the quality is brilliant and they deliver everywhere (think they are based in the USA)! I have bought several tags from this site, all of mine are currently wearing them, and I cannot recommend them enough! One of my dogs has two tags on and reading the writing is still not a problem. You can put loads of info on the tags and it comes out very clear. They are the best tags I have come across (I have bought quite a few over the years!) and worth every penny!

Just to say many thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. My tags from www.identitag.co.uk arrived today. Only ordered them on Wednesday night. Fantastic service really pleased with tags. Great value and cheap postage.

Back