• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Question regarding myringotomy

Bernie64

My cavalier was dx with PSOM and had a myringotomy done to both ears. She's had it before this is her 3rd procedure only difference this time is that she had it done to both ears.

Since I've brought her home I've noticed that she's lost her hearing. I called the doctor and he said she may have inflammation and/or fluid in the ear causing temporary hearing loss. But he did say that he's never had a pet owner call with that type of concern.

I have to take her back in 2 weeks for a follow up but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed this in their dogs after a myringotomy in both ears. I'm a little worried....

I didnt notice that after mine had a miryngotomy , but I know it can cause a lot of inflammation. It's probably temporary!

Back