Thread: Burying stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Burying stuff

When ever I give Leo a raw hide the first thing he does it bury it. I understand this is instinct but once he's dug it up, all muddy from the garden he then burys it down the back of the sofa

Does anyone else's dogs do this? I mopped my floor yesterday and now it's covered in mud and leaves from the garden.......my own fault really for cleaning the floor and THEN giving Leo the chew.....but we have a perfectly good garden to bury things in
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Mel

That reminds me of the little boy who was so ugly every time he played in his sand pit his cat covered him up .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

No, we have noone who buries stuff...
    mainly because we have a back garden built on solid rock with about two inches of topsoil (usually waterlogged),so unless they learn to bury stuff while wearing a snorkel and operating a jackhammer we're safe enough...

Sins

Post Thanks / Like

Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

None of the cavaliers bury stuff but when I was a child/teen our Pyrenees did -- but tended to leave the bones buried. However at one point she started opening the side gate early in the morning with her jaws and would go next door, steal a half gallon container of milk from the morning milk delivery, carefully bring it back and bury it in the garden. Neighbours had complained about milk being stolen but it was only when my dad found a fresh mound at a time when she had no bones and decided to get a shovel and dig that he found the buried half gallon and solved the stolen milk mystery...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me of Charlie, my first Cavalier. When he was about 9 months old, he decided he was a big dog now and would bury his bone. So he went to a tree in the garden, scraped away some leaves between the roots, placed his bone carefully down and pushed the leaves over it. Came back to the house looking very pleased with himself. Unfortunately, a neighbouring cat must have seen this manoeuvre...

Next day Charlie walked proudly down the path to retrieve his bone, went to the same place, scraped away the leaves - no bone!! He scraped more leaves, walked round the tree, scraped again - still no bone. You have never seen such a puzzled and disappointed dog in your life! I felt so sorry for him, because he had been so pleased with himself the day before, so I gave him a big hug and we went to the kitchen together and found something nice in the frig.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

That is funny. Reminds me off mine... She'll bury things in the couch too!!! Mostly snacks she gets but doesnt feel like eating so she saves it "for times off starvation", i think. So then a month later I will find an old piece off bread behind the couch pillow. She also buries stuff in random corners off the house. But she always forgets about it. So then ill find bones and bread everywhere.
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!