• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Discover Dogs 13-14 th Nov and CavalierMatters

I had a fantastic day yesterday helping out on the stand - already volunteered myself for next year :) It was tiring but extremely rewarding.

The stand looked great and lots of "Ruperts" are now happily re-homed with new owners. Tania has done a superb job with it all. A big :thnku: to Tania and not forgetting Pat and Mandy - friends of Tania's who were also helping on Sunday.

It was nice catching up with Tania and Margaret, although there was not that much time to chat. At the end of the afternoon after we had packed up Tania and I were trying to get out to the car park and ended up trapped in an entrance hall with all the exit doors locked up and no way back into the main hall. We were finally rescued by a Security Guard who was having the same trouble.:lol:

It was really interesting talking to people and spreading the word, and there were a couple of very sad stories. A lot of people that I spoke to had remembered the PDE programme and talked about "that brain thingy", others had never heard of it. I spoke to one family that was picking their cavvie puppy up shortly and they told me that their breeder had done all the health checks. :)

This is a great way to get the message across to the general public, and as the saying goes - "from little acorns oak trees grow".

Last edited:
It was worth the journey to be there, Tania. You did an absolutely fantastic job and there was so much interest. Your stand was as professional as any of the others and better than many.

You must be exhausted. I was after only one day.

I'd like to add that I spent some time looking at some of the other breeds and believe me there are other dog breeds that are in urgent need of help as well. So sad to see the brachycephalic breeds panting, the sled type dogs confined all day in a cage when they should have been out in a cold climate doing their job, the giant breeds too big and heavy to move properly. Folds of skin, droopy eyes - sad and pathetic. What is all this about - novelty value, status? I didn't see that the KC's recent changes of some of the breed standards had made one iota of difference to the quality of life of these dogs.

Carol

The display stands looks fantastic. You all must be tired out! Thank you for all you have done for our breed. Looking forward to hearing how you did in due course.
Christine and Spangle

Well, what can I say about Tania's wonderful stall, her fantastic organisational skills and the enormous effort & enthusiasm she showed during the weekend?

The indefatigable Pat who has worked for Tania for 20 years, CT's own Sandrac, always smiling, Tania's friend Mandy, and Tania herself, what a sales team!

I just spent the weekend talking to some wonderful owners, while the *A* Team raised hundreds of pounds selling Baby Ruperts and Christmas cards.

There were very distressing stories, owners with cavaliers with Episodic Falling Syndrome, Dry Eye/Curly Coat, dogs that had died with early onset MVD & dogs that were euthanised with SM.

To counter that there was a very happy little girl with her Cavalier/Bishon cross that had won second in the Scrufts competition. A Cavalier/Westie cross that did not resemble either parent, but had a lovely happy waggy tail & a temperament that went with it, and some excited new owners shopping for their baby puppy.

We not only raised a lot of money, but a lot of awareness too. It was a really worthwhile weekend.

Well done to you allcl*pthe stand looks absolutely fabulous! Tania, all your hard work and dedication for this cause is truly admirable.

I just love hearing back about everyone's experiences there -- what an impact you all have had and what a superb idea it was to set up a stand like this at such an event. Your hearts are all as generous as those of our cavaliers! :biggrin: I will have to come over for next year's event!

Rupert Dog Xmas Cuddly

Hi

I thought I would post this first as I was going to email Tania privately but then I thought others might want to do similar ,so the question is directed to Tania really.

Tania can I order a Rupert dog pls as one of the ladies in our office has a new baby grandson and I thought it would be nice as a little gift ,so if you could possibly mail it to my home address and tell me your paypal and I shall pay immediately .They would make nice little gifts for Xmas and I even thought about getting Rosie one but after Dangerous Daisy nicked hers and then tried to shred it I better not .

4441820634_81f4fc5b12_z.jpg

I will have to come over for next year's event!

Karlin, you may just be held to that.

Just a funny little aside.:lol:

I have heard from various sources that there was a great deal of consternation among certain 'Say One Thing Do Another Breeders' ( SOTDABs? ) because they heard I was at Discover Dogs.

It appears they thought I was manning the official breed booth and were scared witless ( not that there would be many of those among them to scare ) that I may be telling the pet owning public that there are health problems in cavaliers.

So upset were they that there was furious posts on one of the cavalier lists that were then swiftly removed.:oops:

Those comments make interesting reading.

Hope you saved them! :)

The baby Ruperts are certainly adorable too! And Tania's lovely pillows!

How cute! And thanks for posting the pictures–it's great fun to see them there all lined up. :)

Also I see that you posted from your phone, using the new phone app for Cavaliertalk! :*nana:

Love the app for phone. I sometimes get behind on the little ones I need to be updated on. I now can keep better track of prayers, pictures, news etc. Btw figured out finally how to share to Facebook! (Only post things like Rupert's fund stuff, & other things that say to share)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It really has put a smile on my face reading through this post.

you really are doing such an amazing job and are a true inspiration.

Will you be at Crufts perhaps??? I for one would be more than willing to volonteer myself!??

It really has put a smile on my face reading through this post.

you really are doing such an amazing job and are a true inspiration.

Will you be at Crufts perhaps??? I for one would be more than willing to volonteer myself!??

Couldn't agree more! Read this poem and thought of tania but thanks to all.

"Valuable is the work you do,
Outstanding in how you always come through

Loyal, sincere, and full of good cheer,
Untiring in your efforts throughout the year ** (disagree I'm sure its tiring so thanks)

Notable are the contributions you make
Trustworthy in every project you take

Eager to reach your every goal,
Effective in the way you fulfill your role

Ready with a shining smile, **(have not met you personally but I'm sure)
Special and wonderful- that's what you are!"

Thanks tania and everyone (including breeders) who make the effort to help our breed!

Oh that's wonderful, I'm going to put that up in the Rupert's Fund section...and would like to say it applies equally to so many who work so hard for our beloved breed - in all areas, Karlin and her helpers in rescue, Margaret, Carol and Tania in health and welfare [and to all their helpers, too numerous to name]; and of course, Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler.

Also to all the wonderful breeders out there who ARE trying hard...[of course the biggest contribution that puppy buyers can make is only buying puppies from health tested parents.]

An especially large thank you to Karlin without whom we would not have this platform and Rupert's Fund probably would not have happened :(

:thnku::thnku:

Do you know who wrote it Anne so that we can credit them?

K
Oh that's wonderful, I'm going to put that up in the Rupert's Fund section...and would like to say it applies equally to so many who work so hard for our beloved breed - in all areas, Karlin and her helpers in rescue, Margaret, Carol and Tania in health and welfare [and to all their helpers, too numerous to name]; and of course, Clare Rusbridge and Penny Knowler.

Also to all the wonderful breeders out there who ARE trying hard...[of course the biggest contribution that puppy buyers can make is only buying puppies from health tested parents.]

An especially large thank you to Karlin without whom we would not have this platform and Rupert's Fund probably would not have happened :(

:thnku::thnku:

Do you know who wrote it Anne so that we can credit them?

I found it WWW.charity.lovetoknow.com/volunteer_appreciation_poem.com. I will email link, I'm on my phone so can not copy and paste.

Its great to mention all those people and I read Margaret Carter was at booth, but did not want to mention her also about Booth without saying others etc...

However, special hugs and thank yous to all that spend time, money, effort, dedication to the breed. Also to those on forum that offer support through posts.

Nicki, special thank you to you too for introducing me to Rupert, your support to me and also along with support for the breed :)

Photos and Funds

5161578536_ff364b5466.jpg

Sorry for the delay posting. We raised £1,600 over the weekend plus a further
£90 ish during the week from internet sales.

A few very kind forum members have contacted me for items to sell at Christmas fairs etc.,
so hopefully further funds will be raised.

The funds were split between Ruperts Fund, SM Collection and of course Irish Cavalier Rescue.

At the begining of the show....all neat and tidy

5194017355_3809191fb9.jpg

On the Throne is scratch who was loaned by Clare Rusbridge. On the floor
we have Charlie in a pink harness :? surrounded with baby Ruperts. Not only were
the children attracted, the passing dog gave these little stars a good woofing

5194600458_73254daea7.jpg

Margaret having a quick cuddle on the throne :p

5194604216_c4293b8971.jpg

This gentleman immediately recognised the Throne and was very gracious.

5194009259_c5e57d1e61.jpg

Sweet Pillows

5194605858_7fdd6623dd.jpg

em. This puzzled lady is receiving excellent advice from Sandra.
"I regret to inform you this is definately not a Cavalier"

5194601520_c240a848a6.jpg

This was the general scene, very busy.

5194007801_3f214cbd01.jpg

Margaret in her office very busy helping people.

5194602668_843020be18.jpg

"You can only have one if you look after it"

5193999847_2581aa5243.jpg

Fabulous photos Tania - love the one of Margaret on her throne - definitely one for your wall Margaret, then the family will have to treat you like Royalty too!!

Glad to see you encouraging the younger generation too - future Cavalier guardian there (y)

I think the throne with the Cavaliers surrounding it was very eye catching, an excellent idea and I'm sure attracted many people.

Sandra great to see you giving out excellent advice (y);)

It looks like you all had a very busy time, but a fantastic achievement both in terms of money raised and advice and information given out.

:thnku::thnku::thnku:

Back