Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discover Dogs 13-14 th Nov and CavalierMatters

Post Thanks / Like

I had a fantastic day yesterday helping out on the stand - already volunteered myself for next year It was tiring but extremely rewarding.

The stand looked great and lots of "Ruperts" are now happily re-homed with new owners. Tania has done a superb job with it all. A big to Tania and not forgetting Pat and Mandy - friends of Tania's who were also helping on Sunday.

It was nice catching up with Tania and Margaret, although there was not that much time to chat. At the end of the afternoon after we had packed up Tania and I were trying to get out to the car park and ended up trapped in an entrance hall with all the exit doors locked up and no way back into the main hall. We were finally rescued by a Security Guard who was having the same trouble.

It was really interesting talking to people and spreading the word, and there were a couple of very sad stories. A lot of people that I spoke to had remembered the PDE programme and talked about "that brain thingy", others had never heard of it. I spoke to one family that was picking their cavvie puppy up shortly and they told me that their breeder had done all the health checks.

This is a great way to get the message across to the general public, and as the saying goes - "from little acorns oak trees grow".
    Last edited by Sandrac; 15th November 2010 at 04:53 PM.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It was worth the journey to be there, Tania. You did an absolutely fantastic job and there was so much interest. Your stand was as professional as any of the others and better than many.

You must be exhausted. I was after only one day.

I'd like to add that I spent some time looking at some of the other breeds and believe me there are other dog breeds that are in urgent need of help as well. So sad to see the brachycephalic breeds panting, the sled type dogs confined all day in a cage when they should have been out in a cold climate doing their job, the giant breeds too big and heavy to move properly. Folds of skin, droopy eyes - sad and pathetic. What is all this about - novelty value, status? I didn't see that the KC's recent changes of some of the breed standards had made one iota of difference to the quality of life of these dogs.

Carol

Post Thanks / Like

The display stands looks fantastic. You all must be tired out! Thank you for all you have done for our breed. Looking forward to hearing how you did in due course.
    Christine and Spangle
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, what can I say about Tania's wonderful stall, her fantastic organisational skills and the enormous effort & enthusiasm she showed during the weekend?

The indefatigable Pat who has worked for Tania for 20 years, CT's own Sandrac, always smiling, Tania's friend Mandy, and Tania herself, what a sales team!

I just spent the weekend talking to some wonderful owners, while the *A* Team raised hundreds of pounds selling Baby Ruperts and Christmas cards.

There were very distressing stories, owners with cavaliers with Episodic Falling Syndrome, Dry Eye/Curly Coat, dogs that had died with early onset MVD & dogs that were euthanised with SM.

To counter that there was a very happy little girl with her Cavalier/Bishon cross that had won second in the Scrufts competition. A Cavalier/Westie cross that did not resemble either parent, but had a lovely happy waggy tail & a temperament that went with it, and some excited new owners shopping for their baby puppy.

We not only raised a lot of money, but a lot of awareness too. It was a really worthwhile weekend.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to you allthe stand looks absolutely fabulous! Tania, all your hard work and dedication for this cause is truly admirable.
    Jane
    Harvey (B&T) - 03/10/04
    Dylan (Tri) - 05/05/05

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just love hearing back about everyone's experiences there -- what an impact you all have had and what a superb idea it was to set up a stand like this at such an event. Your hearts are all as generous as those of our cavaliers! I will have to come over for next year's event!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Rupert Dog Xmas Cuddly

Hi

I thought I would post this first as I was going to email Tania privately but then I thought others might want to do similar ,so the question is directed to Tania really.

Tania can I order a Rupert dog pls as one of the ladies in our office has a new baby grandson and I thought it would be nice as a little gift ,so if you could possibly mail it to my home address and tell me your paypal and I shall pay immediately .They would make nice little gifts for Xmas and I even thought about getting Rosie one but after Dangerous Daisy nicked hers and then tried to shred it I better not .

Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    I will have to come over for next year's event!

Karlin, you may just be held to that.

Just a funny little aside.

I have heard from various sources that there was a great deal of consternation among certain 'Say One Thing Do Another Breeders' ( SOTDABs? ) because they heard I was at Discover Dogs.

It appears they thought I was manning the official breed booth and were scared witless ( not that there would be many of those among them to scare ) that I may be telling the pet owning public that there are health problems in cavaliers.

So upset were they that there was furious posts on one of the cavalier lists that were then swiftly removed.

Those comments make interesting reading.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hope you saved them!

The baby Ruperts are certainly adorable too! And Tania's lovely pillows!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com