• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The price of Gabapentin again.

Margaret C

I decided to check round some of the online chemists. I found Boots had Gabapentin at £5.00 for 100 ( 100mg ) so I put in an order.

They phoned while I was out & told my husband they could not take the order online because the VAT for human use & animal use was different, but they could accept phone orders.

The next day 100 capsules arrived in the post. Price £5.66. Even better than Hyperdrugs £12.30.

That's a fantastic price - they have dropped so much, I think I was paying about £28 for 100 only about 3 - 4 years ago :shock:

That is a great price! Here in the US, I pay $15.00 for ninety 100 mg capsules at Costco.

I know this is an old thread but wanted to bump it to ask what people are paying now? Also for Zitac [Cimetidine] - being lazy to save me contacting lots of chemists!! [gives me more time for fundraising for Rupert's Fund :)]

Thanks for the information, Margaret - that's a very good price and every little helps (having just spent £90 having a grass seed removed from Oliver's ear!). How do Boots deal with prescriptions - is it the same as Hyperdrug, you order over the phone and then send the prescription?

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Wow -- missed this originally; we would pay probably 10 times that much in Ireland. Might take my prescription to the UK next month when I am over.

Some people in the UK are paying £1 a tablet for gabapentin! A friend of a friend whose 8-year-old with SM started having almost continuous fits was put to sleep and Ren passed on her unused tablets to me for Oliver. Her vet (in England) had charged her £50 for 50 tablets! I told her if she ever needed gabapentin again to look on the internet - though then of course her vet could charge her a fortune for the prescription!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

At Walgreens, I pay $12 for 270 100mg capsules. Though you do need to sign up for their savings club which cost $20 a year, but that's still really cheap.

At Walgreens, I pay $12 for 270 100mg capsules. Though you do need to sign up for their savings club which cost $20 a year, but that's still really cheap.

That's a great price... Sam's Club has gone up to $30 for 90 pills. There is a Walgreen's right around the corner from me!

Back