Thread: Unusual beaded collars and leads

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Unusual beaded collars and leads

I just ordered a collar for Tansy -- small is probably right for a cavalier as medium is fairly large. these are great community fairtrade projects on this website:

www.theafricahouse.com

and lots and lots of other nice things too! There'a nice Guardian article this morning about the Shanga items -- the Xmas stars (there are large ones too if you look under Christmas items at top rather than under Shanga stars) and I love the Kanga Shanga bead and cloth necklaces.
    Last edited by Nicki; 14th November 2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Amended link :)
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Those items are lovely - they have a note up now saying all the Xmas stars have been sold out because of the Guardian article - I'm sure its really because of the listing here
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They have some gorgeous things, thanks for sharing Karlin.

It's wonderful that they are doing so well as a result of appearing here [and possibly also in the guardian ]
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Shanga necklaces are nice so I ordered two! I ordered several of the stars both for my tree and to put on the neck of gift wine bottles... I like hanging a little ornament on wine gifts during the holidays and the stars are perfect. I had a feeling they'd sell quickly!

At the shop only the Shanga items come from Dhanga but others come from various fairtrade cooperatives around Africa. I have bookmarkes them as there are lots of things that would make unusual gifts or nice additions to the house.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I see they will have more stars ready by around November 19th so looks like people can order them. This project employs deaf local people in the workshop; really great organisation.

Due to unprecedented demand rssulting from The Guardian article on Shanga, we have quickly sold out of the four colours specified on the site. Don't despair though as we are obtaining more which wil be with us by the 19th November. You can also select the Shanga Star Pair which will be chosen from a range of colours available to us that we have in stock!
    Link http://www.theafricahouse.com/produc...id=29&scid=254
    Karlin