• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

its been a while!

sarahso

Hi all its been such a long time sine i have been on!

I thought it would be nice to update you on Poppy & Baxter! And of course lots of photos!
Baxter is now 1yr old and an absolutely adorable horror! So full of mischief!

Baxtersofa.jpg

Poppy is now 2 and a little sweetheart.. With a temper if Baxter doesn’t do as he is told!

poppysorry.jpg

poppyBaxter-2.jpg

In the summer time, we took on a foster girl; her name was Iizzy, a female Akita that was just 2 years old.
They all got on so well and the little ones especially adored her. So we had a pretty full house

5dogs.jpg

kitabumspops.jpg

Baxter & Izzy really were inseparable and were constantly by each other’s side.

izzypopbaxter.jpg

Baxterlove.jpg

izzybaxter.jpg

izzybaxtertoy.jpg

cavykissis.jpg

Unfortunately, Izzy was very very poorly and lost her fight crossing over to the bridge in October. we all miss her dearly.

Last edited:
What an amazing pictures! Especially the ones with Baxter and Izzy, you can feel the love... I'm really sorry Baxter lost his friend so soon.

Lovely to see you back Sarah :flwr:

Oh how sad about Izzy - that's tragic :(:( Bless you for making her last months happy though.

It's wonderful that she and Baxter had such a great friendship - your Akitas are true ambassadors for the breed.

Baxter has grown up into a very handsome fellow.

I hope you will stay around, we have a calendar and recipe book for sale, and shortly there will be some Christmas cards too!!

What wonderful pics. It certainly looks like Izzy had a loving family to spend her last days with.:l*v:

Hi Sarah -- So nice to have you post and update us. I am so sorry you lost Izzy. What wonderful pictures (as always!). Really, you and your dogs are a one woman advertisement for the stupidity of so many preconceptions about breeds. I recall how hard it was for you to find a breed rescue willing to home a rescue cavalier to a home with akitas -- how ridiculous a view that was and how lucky your cavaliers have been to have such loving big dog companions. :l*v: Lovely that there was a special bond for Izzy and Baxter; thank you for having the special kind of heart to take her in. :flwr:

:) thanks all.

Izzy really was a darling, she was the first foster i took on since having the little ones, as obviously they must come first.. and we do have to be extra careful with introductions, we were so lucky with her, i have never known an akita with such a temprament... put all my 4 to shame!;) and as you can see they all loved her. in the times that she was well she would play for hours and was the gentlest bear i have ever known! we all miss her so much even though she only spent a few months with us.. poor girl it just wasnt meant to be.

yes we did really struggle to get our babies... thank god we hung in there! they provide me with hours of fun and laughter! little horrors! but life would be so boring with out them!:luv:

Back