• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy contract

Bet

I have just noticed this.

It also includes Microchips to Tame Rogue Owners.

Here is a Gist of it.

This Controversial Proposial, to be Examined by Ministers ,is intended to Improve the Attitude of Britain's 10 Million Dog Owners to Breeding and Care.

It will send a a Warning to Would be Dog Owners that they have a Legal Duty of Care to their Pet .

Another Key Aim,is to Block Unscrupulous Pedigree Owners and Breeders who ,Welfare Organisations Suggest ,produce Tens of Thousands Genetically Defective Puppies a Year for Sale at Premium Prices.

There is Mention also of Tackling the Dangerous Dogs Problem.

Harvey Locke , President of the British Veterinary Association ,said that Dogs should be Judged by their Deeds ,if a Dog is Dangerous ,it should be the Owners who should be Held to Account.

The Puppy Contract , is the Idea that any-one Buying a Dog must first be Given a Puppy Information Pack,and sign a Formal Contract with the Seller.

This would Apply to any-one from a Family whose Bitch has had a Single Litter to Professional Breeders

If the Information is not True ,then the Buyer Could take Take Legal Action against them.

The Ultimate Goal of Welfare Groups is to make Puppy Contracts Mandatory , by having Ministers Approve them as Secondary Legislation under the Animal Welfare Act 2006.

Bet

There is a lot of interest and work being done on Puppy Contracts.

They would make it clear the duty of care that both breeder and owner owe to the puppy involved

I hope that we will see them introduced soon.

Last edited:
There is a lot of interest and work being done on Puppy Contracts.

They would make it clear out the duty of care that both breeder and owner owe to the puppy involved

I hope that we will see them introduced soon.

PUPPY CONTRACT

Could I mention the Puppy Contract in connection with our Cavalier Breed.

In the Part where it says that if the giving of information was not True ,then the Dog Owner could take Legal Action against the Dog Breeder.

So if the Cavalier Breeder has said that they have Health Tested and followed the Breeding Guideline Recomendations for the Two Serious Health Problems in Cavaliers SM and MVD, on the Cavalier's Sire and Dam, told the Cavalier Puppy Buyer that this has been carried out ,and this was not done, and the Cavalier Puppy developed SM or MVD, then presumably , the Cavalier Buyer would be able to take Legal Action against the Cavalier Breeder.

Bet

Back