• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

In your opinions - the best food for a Cavalier

Now it looks like I will be looking for different kibble for Ollie who is 6 and a half months old, can anyone tell me how big the JWB or similar is in size of kibble. Royal Canin is nice and small and ideal for small breed dogs. I need to get this right as I don`t want to be changing him from one food to another all the time, unless of course it upsets him.

JWB puppy has little pieces, they do vary slightly by flavour. I think Junior is quite a big jump up in size so will be sticking to puppy for a while yet...Hope that helps :))

Thank you for all the helpful replies and especially to Karlin and Nikki for their continuing advice.I did some small research into dog food at A level and learned of some awful things.Yet I wasn't aware of half of what was said your posts Nikki :(

I mentioned Chappie as Scarlett has always enjoyed a few spoonfuls mixed with dry kibble.She has only had it three times ever, it's not a regular food.

Common sense it telling me to stick with Wainrights - she's just finished a 2 kg bag of this.I really shouldn't really mess around with different foods either, as I know this can be no good for their tummies.She liked it and the poops were firm and looking at the ingredients and the smell and texture, it's seems a close competitor for JWB, imo.I must admit, JWB isn't that expensive but a 15Kg bag of Wainwrights Turkey & Rice works out about £15 cheaper.But this is not solely based on price, mind.My aim was to find a good, all around-middle-of-the road food.It has some great reviews on different sites, I must say.

Also, Nikki, with regards to how much to feed,I know the companies are so cheeky in suggesting more is needed in order to push more sales.That's the answer for pet obesity imo :(

Scarlett weighs 14lbs and is fed 50g kibble, moistened, twice a day and has carrots, broccoli and cabbage 4 times a week in her evening meal.She may also a few carrot sticks and a rice cake at around 3pm.On the days she has the carrot sticks and rice cake, she just has moistened kibble on an evening.Occasionally,she'll have a toast crust on a morning, saved for her by my husband :rolleyes:

I worry about her putting weight on with being a Cavalier and all :(

Thank you

R
x

Last edited:
Back