• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Article in Dogworld ...Strengthening the future of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Strengthening the Future of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

This is an interesting article covering mainly the recent BVA/KC seminar.
There's quite a lot of information in there to digest.
http://www.dogworld.co.uk/Features/43-Scott?year=2010&month=11

Sins

Strengthening the Future of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

What a Co-incidence this Article is.

I was speaking to a Couple of Geneticists this Morning ,and both said that until the Genes for SM and MVD ,the Two Health Problems Afflicting our Cavaliers,are found, the only thing that can be done is for Cavalier Breeders to Health Test and follow the Breeding Gudeline Recomendations for their Cavalier Breeding Stock not to Breed from a Cavalier before 2.5 years of age, and to know the Health Status of the Grand-Parents at 5.

I know that the Article claimed that the 12 Top Stud Dogs used ,only 2 are from Cavalier Club Members, but what are the Health Test Results from the Cavalier Club Members' Cavaliers who have won the Trophies from the CKCS Club ,were they Health Tested, that is an Important Question that should be being answered

How many CKCS CLUB Members ,who are Breeding Cavaliers ,are Health Testing and following the Breeding Guideline Recommendations,this is a Figure that surely should be being given, also how many Cavaliers with SM and MVD have been Bred by CKCS CLUB Member Breeders, this figure that will also be of Interest.

Bet

The Potential Cavalier Buyer only wants to know ,is the Cavalier Breeder Health Testing their Cavalier Breeding Stock,will the CKCS CLUB give this Information .

Bet I have removed your latest post as the moderators do not want this forum to be used for responding to posts on other forums.

Thanks very much.

Article In Dog World.

Bet I have removed your latest post as the moderators do not want this forum to be used for responding to posts on other forums.

Thanks very much.

Article In Dog World.

I did'nt want to start another New Thread about what is in This Week's Dog World.

Mark Evans has Resigned from the RSPCA, but we should never forget how he was involved in the PDE TV Program

How the World of Dogs had always closed Ranks to Ignore Criticism or Dismiss it as Ill Informed Rubbish .

The PDE TV Program forced the Dog World ,and none more so than some of the Cavalier Breeders having to face up to the Necessity of the Out-Side World's Scrutiny , both He and the PDE Program has forced some of the Cavalier Breeders to face some Uncomfortable Truths about the SM and MVD in our Cavalier Breed.

If I could go back to my Previous Post, since it was Claimed that only 21% of Cavalier CLUB Members Register Cavalier Puppies, , is it to be understood that most of the SM and MVD Problems are due to Cavalier Breeders who are not not Members of the Cavalier Club.

How many of the Cavaliers who became Champions in the Past 3 Years would have been Health Tested ,I would think that all those Champions would belong to CKCS CLUB Members.?

That would give an Indication as to how Seriously the CKCS CLUB Members are taking the SM and MVD Problems in our Cavalier Breed.

Bet

Hope-fully this is a Question that will be asked at the Health Seminar on Saturday.

Back