Thread: Plastic Dog Tags

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plastic Dog Tags

Have bought metallic type tags but they are useless. Have lovely ones from pettrace really good quality and as the two tags rub against each other the metallic one is no longer legible. So can anyone tell me where I can get good quality plastic tags here in Ireland or in UK. Nearly all the sites are in US and postage will be expensive.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Try this company

http://www.identitag.co.uk/productca...p?idCategory=5

I have their brass tags and they last for years - the engraving is highlighted with black and they are still very clear even after rubbing against another metal tag. I would guess that hte plastic ones are also good quality.

Legally you are required to put your name and address on the tag. Don't put your dog's name on the tag.

We put our surname, address, home and mobile telephone numbers, ideally your vet's number too.

If microchipped [and EVERY dog should be chipped] you can possibly include the words ID chipped and the number for them, or just keep the tag for that on his collar. I quite like having the two tags so that it jangles and I know where they are!!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I have some of their round plastic tags in red & green. Light in weight and virtually indestructible.
    They are still as legible as they were when I first bought them, which must have been three or four years ago.

They put addresses on both sides of the tags for me so they have our holiday home as well as our permanent address on them.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had metal tags done by the local Timpsons man a year or 18 months ago. I would have thought the engraving would have lasted forever, but it has all faded, so they all need doing again.

Whatever happened to craftsmanship and durability Value for money seems to be obsolete too, as they were about a fiver each - not cheap at 25 for five with just my surname and mobile number on each.

Of course they are all microchipped, so any official scanning them would be able to contact me.

P.S. The West Midlands Police recommend that only the surname of the owner and a telephone number are engraved on any discs, despite the more comprehensive details required by law.
    Last edited by ByFloSin; 9th November 2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Left something out
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Ours have metal Red Dingo tags, which are very deeply engraved and seem to last well. Lots of designs available and they have free postage.
    http://www.spottiedottie.co.uk/red-d...-tags-20-c.asp
    Owned by Kizzy - ex-breeding blenheim CKCS (cross?!), Zara -mini schnauzer, Ozzy - golden retriever and Bella - ex-breeding Westie

Post Thanks / Like

I have been intending to get new dog tags for a while now, so this post is very timely. I have just ordered new ones from www.identitag.co.uk - their postage price to Ireland is very reasonable just 1. I love the leads and collars on the other website - www.spottiedog.co.uk think I will have to get the boys to write to Santa soon
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

My new tags arrived today from the UK. For 1 p&p that is a very speedy service. I'm delighted with them, the quality is very good and they look lovely too.
    This is what I ordered:
    http://www.identitag.co.uk/productca...&idcategory=26
    The small size has plenty of room on it for engraving.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlifarley View Post
    My new tags arrived today from the UK. For 1 p&p that is a very speedy service. I'm delighted with them, the quality is very good and they look lovely too.
    This is what I ordered:
    http://www.identitag.co.uk/productca...&idcategory=26
    The small size has plenty of room on it for engraving.
    I just got a couple of these too ,seem to be really good value and quality and very lightweight....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up BoomerangTags

I always buy tags from www.boomerangtags.com - the quality is brilliant and they deliver everywhere (think they are based in the USA)! I have bought several tags from this site, all of mine are currently wearing them, and I cannot recommend them enough! One of my dogs has two tags on and reading the writing is still not a problem. You can put loads of info on the tags and it comes out very clear. They are the best tags I have come across (I have bought quite a few over the years!) and worth every penny!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Just to say many thanks to everyone who replied to this thread. My tags from www.identitag.co.uk arrived today. Only ordered them on Wednesday night. Fantastic service really pleased with tags. Great value and cheap postage.