• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rosie's Red Eyes

rosiesmum

For the last few days, Rosie's eyes have been red along with clear discharge - it usually seems to be worse in the evenings. At first I thought it was the faux fur throw I had got last weekend to go on the sofa where Rosie sits. I removed the throw and her eyes seemed to get a bit better, but the next night they were red again, but not as red as the night before.

Yesterday, they were a bit red on and off during the day as well as today. But this evening, they were really red, like they were on Thursday before I removed the throw.

Obviously, I'll be taking her to the vets tomorrow but does anyone have any ideas? Also, would it be better to wipe her eyes with a warm wet flannel or a cold wet flannel - I don't want to irritate them any further by using the wrong temperature!

Here are some photos:

Normal looking eyes

DSC_3237.jpg

Red eyes

DSC_3276.jpg

DSC_3277.jpg

Ouchy....she's definitely got something going on there. Hope it's just conjuctivitis and easily resolved.

My vet always says that eyes are too important to "mess about" with, and poor Rosie has defintely got a problem, so do please take her to your vet as soon as you can.

Good luck, and do let us know how you get on.

Took Rosie to the vets this evening - as usual she 'sang' in the waiting room, making the receptionists laugh!!!

The vet put some orange stuff in her eyes (which turned them green) just to check that she didn't have any ulcers, which she didn't fortunately.

I was then given some drops to put in her eyes twice a day and I have to take her back on Thursday for a check up.

Hopefully the drops will do the trick.

Back