• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rosie's Red Lump---Histiocytoma

Brian M

Hi

As I clean all their teeth every night about five days ago I noticed a small red lump had formed on Rosie's lip and it seemed to be getting bigger so I have been using a doggie general antiseptic ointment I bought from Vet UK when I last stocked up the girls first aid items a few months ago .But tonight just before I was due to take Luke out I had a few minutes spare so decided to clean their teeth but then noticed Rosie's lump seemed to have got bigger again so off to the vets we went .

We saw Mr Shepherd one of the two main vets and after a quick look said it was "histiocytoma in dogs" a benign skin tumor that needs observation and that it may disappear on its own or could if needed be removed surgically but was not a great problem so no need for sleepless nights but if Rosie is having patella surgery it might be an opportune time to remove then but it will troublesome.

I have never heard of this has anybody else come across it ,he said its a lot more common in Boxers and prescribed Fuciderm Gel applied with a glove on twice a day

5219040036_346c0f450f.jpg

I have googled so have a bit more knowledge

5219040386_037546ffff.jpg

Sorry to read about Rosie`s health problems Brian, hope she gets all sorted soon. My two send her a big hug.:hug:

Hi

Just to say its totally disappeared with a bit of help from Fuciderm Gel ,so thankfully another crisis overcome in The Wonderful World Of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.:)

Back