Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tri girl in merseyside

Post Thanks / Like

Default tri girl in merseyside

hi , ive just been shopping and on the way home passed the rspca centre , halewood , merseyside .. went to say hello to the dogs and saw a little dog with its back to the fence quiet and shy ..asked a worker if it was a cav and he said yes. she was picked up as a stray in knowsley area . i have a one year old ruby and am looking to rescue in the future but funds are very low right now and am not in a good position to take any on with possible health concerns . she has to see a vet for eyes ( weepy ) and ears need shaving and looking at.. i just got home and contacted the north of england co ordinater who is going to see if any of her contacts can get her . am now going to phone the local police see if anyone has reported her missing . is there anything else i can do ? its broke my heart she really didnt want to go back in the kennels . p.s was a member here last year but lost details so not posted but still been reading , just reregistered so i could ask your help. i have a one year old ruby girl who is called Ruby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As long as you have your username from before you can ask to have your password sent to you by logging in with just your username. If you forgot that but know the email you registered with I can check your details if you;d prefer to post from your old account.

Thanks for posting about this girl; the RSPCA should have done the job of reporting her found but good to check. Maybe someone here will be interested in her.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    As long as you have your username from before you can ask to have your password sent to you by logging in with just your username. If you forgot that but know the email you registered with I can check your details if you;d prefer to post from your old account.

Thanks for posting about this girl; the RSPCA should have done the job of reporting her found but good to check. Maybe someone here will be interested in her.
    thanks karlin, ive reset password so am in lol.. i contacted the nearest rescue co-ordinator who is in durham- quite far from merseyside but she has a couple of contacts to see if they will get her.. also 2 friends of mine have shown interest and taken the details of the home and dog so fingers crossed. i cant get there till sat now but will ring rspca tomorrow and see if anyone has been in touch.. the poor thing was sat with her back to the bars , frozen with fear amongst all the barking .. if anyone is interested she is at the halewood branch of rspca , which is in merseyside . phone number is 0151 486 1706.. the dog was number nov126..had no camera on me to take a pic but she was very sweet faced and apparently good with other dogs thank you .

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking the time to let us know. I hope someone gives her a lovely home and will keep my fingers crossed for her .
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

well unfortunatly she is stilll there.. spoke to rspca today and she has dry eye , also an ear infection , which they are treating her for . she also has kennel cough which is being treated. does anyone know anything about this condition ?i know she needs drops , 5 times a day permanently. i was going to go and bring her home at the weekend if she was still in, but i have no funds at the moment to pay for treatment .. any ideas what i can do , i spoke to the rescue co ordinator who is in durham she has told a couple of people in this area about her , but no one has been in touch about her so far

Post Thanks / Like

How heartbreaking to think of this poor little girl still in kennels in all this cold weather. She must be very frightened.

Can anyone on CT help out or know anyone who could?

Meanwhile I will PM Rubysmum with a possible suggestion.
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately if this little girl has kennel cough the RSPCA won't (or shouldn't!) let her go to a home with other dogs until she is clear of it, as it is highly contagious and can be lethal to very young or old dogs. Perhaps finding someone who can go in and spend time with her (and be careful not to take germs back home with you if you have a dog) is the best that can be done at the moment.

Thinking of my Aled, the ear infection may simply be due to lack of exercise, which 'airs' the ears and keeps infections down. Aled had terrible ears when he came into rescue, but has never had any problems since. Dry eye may need drops for life, but at least the medication is not expensive. So unless the girl has something major like MVD or SM, vets bills might not be so huge.

Have you tried the Cavalier Club rescue person for the Midlands - I know that's well away, but the co-ordinator lives in Shropshire and might have contacts in Cheshire: Mrs Audrey Stokes, 01952 592422. But no one with other dogs will take her in with kennel cough.

Kate, Oliver and Aled
    Last edited by Kate H; 3rd December 2010 at 11:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for replies x wagtails ive pmd you , thanks so much.. kate yes ive spoke to mrs stokes and mrs gillespie -midland and north - they said they will inform some contacts closer to the area , but as far as i know, no one has rang about her.. the little dog rescue lady has someone in bolton who may take her.. trying to tell the rspca this though is another matter, im going in tomorrow to see the dog and introduce myself to the woman i ve spoke to, as ive said i will transport her to bolton if necessary. id bring her home tomorrow if i could , but im low on funds till after xmas will let you know what happens, thanks very much .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

They say they will only release to a home only ,no rescue organisations ,and a home adoption takes anything from one to two weeks .The only other reason they may consider release is if they become completely full so have therefore left my name and number .They are not very flexible at all .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your efforts - not made easier by the weather! Fingers crossed you can organise something

Kate, Oliver and Aled