• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snow baubles?

Nicki

Any brilliant ideas for removing the snow baubles?

Have tried a wide comb [it just squishes them even more], hairdryer - works well, takes forever but they are at least dry] and a bowl of warm water [but hate them being wet for any length of time when it is so cold]...

something like this - Rupert a few years ago, but the puppies are coming in the same...although not this morning, it's -9 :shock: so fortunately the snow is frozen [as are we all!!]

DVD-T-1-Rupert00118.jpg

The problem is that they are then very wet Pauline and especially as mine are then inclined to go straight out again, I don't really want them that wet...

I wouldn't think that would be too good for Dylan either really to be that wet is it? Do you blow dry him afterwards?

You know those yellow/orange super absorbent dish cloths you can buy, well you can get those in doggy size, will dig out the info if anyone is interested. I sit mine on those while using a hair dryer so is tends to suck up the moisture whilst melting the baubles. You can almost towell dry with these cloths. I tend not to use water to melt the snow because I can guaranty the moment I have finished they will want to go our in the snow again and I would worry about them getting cold.

I melt them in a bowl of luke warm water and towel dry their feet...Not deep enough to get higher "baubles" up their legs yet!!
I am prepared for that this year with the new all in one coats with legs from Dormer Crafts :))

Just back from a fab walk in the woods, it looked magical...Cassie is snoring on my lap now :))

Thanks the post! It has not started snowing here but I am going home for Christmas and (fingers crossed) there will be snow!

I don't know if this is a good thing to do or not, but I have been squishing the balls off with my hands on to the floor and then mopping up the mess. (And towel drying the dogs)
Plenty of snow here - I wish I'd ordered my waterproof coats a bit sooner, they have been dispatched, but I don't expect a delivery here for a few days, the roads are terrible.

ROFLOL I will tell my hubby that the puppies want a sauna for Christmas for drying off their snow baubles!!

Your doggies are very spoilt :D

We have a series of towelling bags (home made with double thickness of towelling and a drawstring neck with a toggle). I leave these to warm up on a radiator while we are out and then leave the dogs inside them for a while so that the ice melts but the dog stays warm. They are damp when you remove them, so hair-drying is still essential, but not as sopping wet as with a bath or shower.

Here is a photo of your favourite "Niece" modelling what I mean!

MeganinthebagatRivendell.jpg

Oh sweetheart you don't look too impressed!!

Bless her - thanks for the lovely photo of a very special girl :lotsaluv:

Marie-Anne that's so funny. My good boy Dylan stays on the door mat and licks the snowballs off. Poppy on the other hand has just jumped on the dinner table :shock:

Back