• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

waterproof dog coat

GoodDoggie

with winter coming,and no sign of the snow disapearing.can anyone recomend a good waterproof coat,that will keep them warm,she gets all excited (rolling in the snow )and runs around like a mad yoke and then starts to feel the cold after 5-10 mins,shivering.

I think one that goes under her belly would be a good idea as she hasnt got much hair underneath to keep her warm.

was looking around and saw theese
http://cgi.ebay.ie/WATER-PROOF-DOG-...UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=&hash=item975706fadb

any good?

Hiya try Googling - Dormer Craft dog coats :)) They are great, waterproof but not padded. They have legs and cover almost all the underneath too, apart from the essential toilet areas :)

I don't do dog clothes usually and mine look cute wearing these!! I used to use a top covering coat but the difference in dryness and cleanliness with them wearing these is great!! Also less "Baubles of snow" too!!

My dog coats have finally arrived and I'm very pleased with them, can't wait to put them on the dogs and go for a walk. They are waterproof, very snug and warm and have reflective markings on them. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm going to have to cut a hole in them to allow the lead be attached to their harnesses. :( I'm sure I'll make a mess of this!
The only other comment I'd make is that they are quite snug fitting - there is a velcro band that goes under the tummy and fastens on the back. If the dog is anyway overweight it might be a bit of a squeeze :rolleyes:

My dog coats have finally arrived and I'm very pleased with them, can't wait to put them on the dogs and go for a walk. They are waterproof, very snug and warm and have reflective markings on them. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm going to have to cut a hole in them to allow the lead be attached to their harnesses. :( I'm sure I'll make a mess of this!
The only other comment I'd make is that they are quite snug fitting - there is a velcro band that goes under the tummy and fastens on the back. If the dog is anyway overweight it might be a bit of a squeeze :rolleyes:

What size did you get? Both Belle and Bob are on the plumper side of the cavalier size.

What size did you get? Both Belle and Bob are on the plumper side of the cavalier size.
The size I got is 35cms. You measure from the base of the neck to where the tail starts.
I just measured Trapper to see how wide he so you can compare - he is 51cms at his widest part!
I also discovered that there is a small slit for the harness hoop, (hidden behind the collar) so I didn't need to get the scissors out. Whew!

ordered one in the blue. Ill let people know how get on when they arrive.
unfortunately didnt think about how I would attach the lead to the harness for when im walking.....

Last edited:
ordered one in the blue. Ill let people know how iwhen they arrive.
unfortunately didnt think about hopw i would attach the lead to the harness for when im walking.....

Don't worry there is a small opening hidden under the collar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back