• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello!

theresa d

Hi there,
found u through facebook and so glad I did! so love Cavs, they are the babies of our house but haven't had much luck lately. we had a beautiful Blem girl,Ellie, for nearly 2yrs and sadly she was hit by car. we then had a dote of a pup,Belle, who died of meningitis 2wks after we brought her home. We now have 2 Cavs,Cooper,a cheeky tri boy of 6mts and just last week we acquired a Blem girl 11mts who we called Bella,a mix of the two names of the dogs we sadly lost and miss so much:(want to post a few questions but have to get to grips on how to use the site,bit slow!!
look forward to reading more from everyone!
Theresa

Welcome to the board! :) So sorry about the sad loss of your two earlier cavaliers and hope the new pair will be there for a very long time. Sadly cavaliers are very easily hit by cars as they have no fear of walking in front of them. When I home my rescue cavaliers, I always talk about how it's crucial to have them on a lead at all times near traffic (and never those extendable leads, which can really easily pop out of a person's hand or fail to safely 'lock' when needed. Dog trainers really hate them for town dogwalking as they have led to so many accidental dog deaths). They are fine off lead in securely enclosed areas or in parks well away from traffic (in my book that means at least 400 yards) but only in open areas once well trained to recall. (y)

Back